A Fix for Cardiff port!

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

gottagofish

A Fix for Cardiff port!

Post by gottagofish »

Thanks to Luc's inspiration I have tracked down the problem of why Cardiff does not allow ships to transfer to or from the sea zone.

In the Scenario folder look for the file "COG2Citycoord.txt" file and open it with Notepad.

Cardiff is city no. "2", it appears a the bottom of the file when I open the file. There is a "0" as the third number in the string, this number should be changed to "11". The third position seems to be the number of the sea zone the port connects to.

Once I did this, the port opens and an anchor appears in the sea zone.

To be safe you should copy the file first in case something goes wrong.

Happy playing!
lucr41

RE: A Fix for Cardiff port!

Post by lucr41 »

Good fix! Out of curiosity, how did you identify Cardiff being city no. 2?
gottagofish

RE: A Fix for Cardiff port!

Post by gottagofish »

The cities are listed on the COG2ProvStart.txt file. In the "Type" column I identified all the areas with docks are a 10 (later to discover there is a file with all the types listed). Cardiff had a "0" where others had a number. The same is true for Azov, but not sure anyone cares as it is so remotely located.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”