v1.04.02 Hotfix EXE (Multi-Language PBEM++ support for previous v1.03 games + FIXES)

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Hubert Cater

v1.04.02 Hotfix EXE (Multi-Language PBEM++ support for previous v1.03 games + FIXES)

Post by Hubert Cater »

There is a HOTFIX available via Dropbox that updates the game EXE to v1.04.02.

NOTE: For Matrix users, this HOTFIX still requires that the full v1.04 update is installed first as this is just the game EXE.

The HOTFIX corrects the following:

- multi language PBEM++ game support issue for games started in other languages under v1.03 which should now allow you to load these games in v1.04.
- two 'on_left_button_down' issues related to hidden units and the new UI unit action buttons in the lower left Operational Management UI panel

DOWNLOAD
The HOTFIX game EXE can be downloaded from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jes6lf1punqv ... lFAAa?dl=0

INSTRUCTIONS
This EXE just needs to be downloaded and then copied and pasted over the game EXE found in your Strategic Command installation folder.

Matrix game installation, this is the typical path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe

Steam game installation, this is the typical path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

BuDeR

RE: v1.04.01 Hotfix EXE (Multi-Language PBEM++ support for previous v1.03 games)

Post by BuDeR »

language problem!!
Just installed, im spanish, sry my english...
Cant join in spanish mode: open game, left bottom spanish language, interface in spanish, pbem ++, try to recover my 1.03 pbem games the game say me "downloading" (english) and cant find 69978.dat , close to main menu the new interface is in english again.

Not Works for me , spanish user the hotfix :

Update the sc3.exe in game folder, if use the steam shortcut the same problem..
if use directly sc3..exe Could not initialice STEAM manager or invalid serial key...
Hubert Cater

RE: v1.04.01 Hotfix EXE (Multi-Language PBEM++ support for previous v1.03 games)

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi BuDeR,

This hotfix is for the Matrix version only at the moment.

For Steam (or Matrix) if you launch the game in Spanish, and are attempting to load an older v1.03 PBEM++ game started in English, the current workaround for now (until the Steam version is updated) is to switch the language version of the game to English first, then go to the PBEM Lobby and launch the English PBEM++ game you would like to continue and it should work after that.

Note, the workaround is only required for the first time you load and complete an older v1.03 PBEM game. After that it will no longer be required and you should be able to launch from the Spanish UI as desired.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
BuDeR

Post by BuDeR »

But my games were in spanish!!! i try to load in english mode but the same problema

My games were in spanish (1.03) i try to load in spanish and no Works, in english and no Works..
In spanish mode say me directly "downloading" and cant find 69987.dat to main menú.
In english mode say me "downloading" "unpacking" cant find 69987.dat and to main menú too

Thanks for your time and patiente and sry my poor english...
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks for the info and if you can do me a favour and list for me all the Challenge IDs in question and what language they should be in, i.e. Spanish or something else, and I will correct these on the server for you.

To get the Challenge ID info, simply load the PBEM++ Lobby in game and then mouse over each individual challenge and the tool tip popup should show the Challenge ID number.

We switched to a multi-language system which should be recording the languages that a challenge is started in, but it might be the case here that these older PBEM++ games were not properly recording the at start language for you.
BuDeR

Post by BuDeR »

I have a video capture but cant upload link here sry-->YouTube -->youtu.be/ti4fXeTsTXg...

ChallengeID:78375 <-- My turn and cant load ,spanish
ChallengeID:73200 <-- No my turn ,spanish

All of this is about Steam game!!
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Try ChallengeID:78375 now, while in the Spanish user interface, and let me know how it goes?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ChallengeID:73200 should also show now in Spanish.
BuDeR

Post by BuDeR »

yeah both show in spanish try to load 78375 "downloading" in spanish "unpacking" in spanish but just saidme cant find 69946.dat and to a main menú, but all in spanish languages
dont worry about that game is in turn 8 but the other 73200 is in turn 91 :(

Perhaps the solution is uninstall steam versión , install matrix versión and continue the games..
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Can you send me a quick email at support@furysoftware.com?

I believe I have a solution for you that will be easier to explain via email.

Thanks,
Hubert
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Help with my confusion, seems maybe I should forget this hotfix 1.04.01 (support for previous 1.03) [&:]

1) check for updates says there is one
2) try to download get error message
3) Says it is to fix 1.03
4) I have 1.02 which was the last official version as 1.03 is still Beta or so it says and never came up when hitting check for updates
5) why would I want to update to this hotfix as it seems it isn't for my version and may actually be a hot problem causer?
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks for the info and if you can do me a favour and list for me all the Challenge IDs in question and what language they should be in, i.e. Spanish or something else, and I will correct these on the server for you.

To get the Challenge ID info, simply load the PBEM++ Lobby in game and then mouse over each individual challenge and the tool tip popup should show the Challenge ID number.

We switched to a multi-language system which should be recording the languages that a challenge is started in, but it might be the case here that these older PBEM++ games were not properly recording the at start language for you.

Sorry, does this mean that if i join to a challenge launched in german language... i will have to play with the interface in german the whole game?

[X(][X(][X(]
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Yogi
v1.03 was released at the end of March
We would recommend updating to v1.04

The v1.04.01 hotfix primarily addresses some PBEM issues players were having with their v1.03 games with v1.04 so it does not seem that applicable to you
Therefore I cannot see a reason for updating to v1.04.01 if you don't want to

I wonder why you didn't get v1.03 which was an official release, perhaps your firewall blocked it?

You can download v1.04 from the members and public areas

It is available from the members area :
https://www.matrixgames.com/members/pub ... sp?gid=504

And the public area :
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Strategi ... -v1.04.zip

regards
Ben Wilkins
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Thanks, but when I go it still shows the latest release as 1.02 March 2017

When I go through support that and hit the link to show all the latest downloads it is not there.

The forum still shows 1.03 as a Beta.

I will try to check for downloads again and look a little further if I still get the error message, which I have had problems with on other games as well and have then downloaded in a different way as tried above.

EDIT: Ok I was able to get the 1.04 from your members link above. So I am set with that. The problem with being unable to download using the check for updates version continued. Also as mentioned just looking at website and support links it appeared 1.02 was indeed the last official version. I also did not see anything that showed 1.03 as anything but a Beta which is probably also why the check for updates on the games menu never found it, yet it does now find 1.04 which would have been great if you could actually download it using that feature.

Thanks for the help Ben
HybridSpyda

Post by HybridSpyda »

Hi Yogi,
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Sorry, but where are you seeing that the latest release is listed as 1.02?

The problem with being unable to download using the check for updates version continued. Also as mentioned just looking at website and support links it appeared 1.02 was indeed the last official version.
Also, what 'support links' are you referring to?

Kind Regards,
Matthew Davis
Matthew Ravenwood

QA & Operations Manager

Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: HybridSpyda

Hi Yogi,

Sorry, but where are you seeing that the latest release is listed as 1.02?

The problem with being unable to download using the check for updates version continued. Also as mentioned just looking at website and support links it appeared 1.02 was indeed the last official version.
Also, what 'support links' are you referring to?

Kind Regards,
Matthew Davis

They may be changed now, but I went to the product page and the only version listed for updates was 1.02. I went to the normal link on support or from questions on downloading, neither 1.03 or 1.04 was there.

My experience with the check for update is that it will only go to a new version if it is official it does not update to Beta. I often hit the check for update just to be sure and at no time did it ever say there was an update for 1.03. As mentioned it did recognize when 1.04 came out even before you posted 1.04 available on the forum but the unable to download problem occurs.

The good news is as posted earlier I now have it thanks to the link provided and am updated to 1.04

Oh forgot this one even when I went to the link where I got 1.04 below was a link for 1.03 still listed as a beta.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”