German playable SU MOD

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

TAIL_GUNNER

German playable SU MOD

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Been away from the game for a long while...reading a book on Kursk sparked my interest to play again. Much has changed the last 4 years.

Anyway, I used to tool around with making German SUs playable on the map. I used to have to trick the engine by making them "Regiments" as Battalion units would disappear. Now it is possible to use battalion sized units on the map.

This first variant is your normal 41-45 GC, but all German SUs that use AFVs are playable on map.

Put the file in your Dat/Scen folder. It is called AFV Mod.
Enjoy!

Picture
Attachments
AFVmod.zip
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
AKA "Juggalo"
morvael

RE: German playable SU MOD

Post by morvael »

There is also a function in the editor that will allow you to do the same without changing names. See 1.08.05 new feature 29.
TAIL_GUNNER

RE: German playable SU MOD

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

That's pretty cool....thanks for adding that.[8D]

I created a standard 41-45 GC that gives all Axis SUs this multirole function.

Excerpt from the patch notes:

"Added the ability to define some combat or support OBs as multirole. This allows to
convert units, using those OBs, between combat and support roles. This operation is
allowed only once per turn, disabled for units performing a HQ Build Up, units attached
to cities, or support units which changed their HQ this turn. Units involved may not be
frozen, routed or loaded. To convert from a support unit to a combat unit, there must be
free space in the hex in which the parent unit is located. To convert from a combat unit to
a support unit, both units must be located in the same hex. No actual TOEs were defined
as multirole, so this is only an option for modders."

Attachments
194145Ca..ultirole.zip
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
AKA "Juggalo"

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”