New Public Beta v2.2.5.0 for WiF

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Andrew Loveridge

New Public Beta v2.2.5.0 for WiF

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi Everyone,

The next public beta for World in Flames (v2.2.5.0) is now available in the Members Club

Please check it out and note any new issues with the listed changes.

Change History:
    Land Operations [ul]
  • Fixed a problem with determining attacker losses when an invasion, supported by units attacking from an adjacent hex, failed. Previously the lost invasion units were not being subtracted from the total losses the attacker had to take.
Naval Operations
  • Added some code to check for an Active Axis major power when enabling naval combat for Unrestricted Naval Warfare (a US Entry Option). These changes could stand more testing.
Use Oil
  • Added a check for the Use Oil form so if no unit has been selected, the program selects the first unit in the list. This avoids a non-fatal error.
Production
  • Fixed a problem with Vichy Saved Build Points causing the program to halt after Vichy has been collapsed.
  • Added a check to avoid a non-fatal error when Undoing Production builds and there are none.
NetPlay
  • Made changes so units placed in the Relocate, Rebase, Return To Base, and Retreat Stacks appear on all players’ computers (when that is appropriate).
  • Made a change so die rolls for air-to-air combat would only occur when required.
  • Fixed a problem with relocating Axis units when the USSR claims Eastern Poland.
[/ul]
ncc1701e

RE: New Public Beta v2.2.5.0 for WiF

Post by ncc1701e »

Hello,

I did not install yet the two hot patches 02 02 02 00 and 02 02 03 00. Am I correct to assume that their fixes are contained in this new public beta and that I do not need to install them prior this one?

Thanks a lot
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Yes that is correct.
Paul
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Might 2.2.5.0 be too beta? [:D]

Attachments
999MWiF2..TooBeta.jpg
999MWiF2..TooBeta.jpg (85.4 KiB) Viewed 168 times