Looking for SL/ASL Hill 621 conversion

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
jascou

Looking for SL/ASL Hill 621 conversion

Post by jascou »

Hi, I'm looking for the conversion that was done a while back. Laska2k4 posted a link to his version, but it's dead. I don't suppose anyone has a copy that would be kind enough to post?

Thanks in advance.[:)]
jascou

RE: Looking for SL/ASL Hill 621 conversion

Post by jascou »

Never mind, I found acropora's version, which uses the East Front mod. I had to do some adjustments with the editor to get it to display proper the proper maps, as well as a few of the counters.

It's really too bad that this game died out so soon.

If anyone wants to try out an online game sometime, let me know.
GaiusMarius

Post by GaiusMarius »

Hi, agreed it's a pity, game is simply great.

cheers
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Tigers on the Hunt is doing a lot of good SL/ASL related stuff.
Richard
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

I"m back to HoS after playing a lot of TotH, I'm in a ww2 tac combat mood :)
But I can't find any HoS mods/scenarios, where are they ??
PDF
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

ORIGINAL: Cataphract88

Tigers on the Hunt is doing a lot of good SL/ASL related stuff.
Hello Richard.
I do not agree with your opinion.
Tiger on the Hunt is "light years away" from Heroes of Stalingrad.
The graphics, the artificial intelligence, the ability to customize, are immensely superior.
Regards,
Semper fidelis
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I haven't played Tigers on the Hunt. I do like the picture on the box of the game.
As for this game, maybe people can return and liven it up again.
And it is still up for sale so maybe newcomers will wander in to get out of the cold and warm themselves up in Stalingrad's wonderful wintry environs.
I found this game hard for me mostly due to turn limits cause even once I started doing well after a few dismal attempts, I'd lose on time, but I never played ASL boardgames (I sure would like to though) so maybe I am weak at this game.... actually I most probably am.

This game has very good artwork and interesting gameplay. I think it deserves to be popular.
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

Hello GiveWarAchance,
Tigers on the Hunt (TotH) is a good game. I think it's the computer game more like Advanced Squad Leader (ASL), the most famous board game on tactics of World War II (Avalon Hill; Multi-Man Publishing). The first ASL module was published by Avalon Hill in 1977 .....
However, Heroes of Stalingrad (HoS) is a game superior to TotH. At least that's what I think. Naturally, the graphic environment is much better, and the quality of the graphics is not comparable between both games. But also the Artificial Intenligencia is superior and the tactical level provides many more variants.
For those of us who have played ASL we will see that the game system is not the same but, with due respect to those who do not see it in this way, I think that the HoS game system is more "friendly" than the classic of ASL (and that also uses TotH).
Another consideration is that TotH ignores the existence of walls, hedges, multilevel buildings, and many other elements that, over the years and many modules published, ASL was enriching to become that wonderful game that many have enjoyed and that we are still enjoying with the new modules that continue publishing (more than 40 years later).
By the way, the game is not difficult, you just have to practice more with it. If you have not played ASL it may be will be surprising to you but, at the same time, it is a challenge for a formidable Squad Leader like you.
Also, the historical module "Barrikady", from "Heroes and Leaders mod", was developed in the theater of "Stalingrad's wonderful wintry environs".
Good luck soldier !!!!!
Semper fidelis

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”