Altering Shipbuilding Turn 1

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Anachro

Altering Shipbuilding Turn 1

Post by Anachro »

Hello,

I'm diving into the Japanese grand campaign to start learning about the Japanese economy...it's a daunting task. I have one quick question:

Is it possible to access the ship availability screen in turn 1 to start halting and changing shipbuilding? The screen seems grayed out in the intelligence screen on turn 1. Or is there some other way to access it? I'm doing this in PBEM as this is prep for a PBEM.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
rustysi

RE: Altering Shipbuilding Turn 1

Post by rustysi »

If that's the case just wait for turn 2. You don't have to do everything on turn 1.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
CyrusSpitama

Post by CyrusSpitama »

Yeah honestly, I spread out my JPN orders over the first week. I shut down all factories of all types and don't setup R&D and factories until turn 3 or 4. This gives time for supplies to shift around enabling more proper factory changes and increases.
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Are you playing with fixed or variable reinforcements arrival dates?

Also historical first turn on or off? Presumably off.

Alfred
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

I have it set to historical first turn off and +/- 15 days variable reinforcement. As for the other responses, I'll probably end up spreading it out like the rest of you. [:)]
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

There's your answer.

You cannot do anything with the reinforcements screens on turn 1 when you have variable reinforcements on.  Ship building for Japan is a bit different because the player determines when reinforcements arrive whereas the other reinforcement screens, where the player has no input on their arrival times, on turn 1 the reinforcements don't show up at all.

Alfred
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

Thanks for the answer, Alfred. Back to reading manual and any other helpful threads, documents on the Japanese economy...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”