How to download artwork

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

boxof9

How to download artwork

Post by boxof9 »

Not only am I newbie to WITP-AE(one month into my first GC) but I'm also not very computer literate. I need some instruction on how to download the enhanced artwork. Personal instruction or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appriciated.
drw61

RE: How to download artwork

Post by drw61 »

Here is a link to Halsey's excellent artwork site. Just follow his instructions.

https://sites.google.com/site/aewitplan ... -downloads

Hope this helps
Daryl

edit: to download the files click on the arrows on the far right.
Big B

Post by Big B »

It depends a little on what artwork you are downloading and replacing.
In general, download, then unzip the file(s) to the C:/ Matrix Games / War in the Pacific Admirals Edition /ART Folder

If it's ship art it goes in the appropriate /ART/sub folder:
/AlliedShip_Back
/AlliedShip_Transp
/JapShip_Back
/JapShipShills_Transp

Attachments
NewBitmapImage.jpg
NewBitmapImage.jpg (137.7 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Dubba

Post by Dubba »

Hi guys sorry for bring up an old topic but have downloaded all of Halsey's artwork and it's amazing but I have just a small question if anyone knows I don't understand what Halsey means exactly with what he says here?

F. IJNAF CV Grey and Green zips are manual JapPatch folder overwrites.
Unzip and overwrite at named date to appear in game without renaming the ALT bitmaps.

I cannot seem to get these art files to work when downloaded and overwriting with these two files.

IJNAF CV Green AGP 8_42 onward.zip
IJNAF CV Grey AGP 12_41 to 7_42.zip

Can anyone help or have any idea how to get them to show correctly?
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

ORIGINAL: Dubba

Hi guys sorry for bring up an old topic but have downloaded all of Halsey's artwork and it's amazing but I have just a small question if anyone knows I don't understand what Halsey means exactly with what he says here?

F. IJNAF CV Grey and Green zips are manual JapPatch folder overwrites.
Unzip and overwrite at named date to appear in game without renaming the ALT bitmaps.

I cannot seem to get these art files to work when downloaded and overwriting with these two files.

IJNAF CV Green AGP 8_42 onward.zip
IJNAF CV Grey AGP 12_41 to 7_42.zip

Can anyone help or have any idea how to get them to show correctly?

The Green Version is for Japanese Carrier AC insignia only, it should be zipped on 8/42 to JapPatch folder.
It overwrites the Grey insignia.

The Gray version is what the AC insignia starts as, it is here to overwrite the Green if you want to keep the vanilla mod insignia instead.

To make the alt bitmaps appear you would have to rename each one, this zip skips that and just overwrites the regular ones.
So I added these separately so they don't need to be renamed. [;)]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”