Iran Strike, 2015

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Daniele

Iran Strike, 2015

Post by Daniele »

Kushan Gaming has uploaded an interesting video in 4 parts about an hypothetical US/NATO Strike in Iran!
Enjoy

http://bit.ly/1Jhc6wF
benefant

RE: Iran Strike, 2015

Post by benefant »

It is possible to get the scen file?
B52H

Post by B52H »

Kushan, can you please upload the scenario to this forum?
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

I'm going to be working on it this weekend. Its close to being a finished scenario as it is, just needs a mission briefing and some mission triggers and EMCON/ROE changes for the Iranians.
LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

Nice scenario.

Tip: I find that turning "Contact Emissions" to only selected units helps performance greatly.

lb
Curious

Post by Curious »

ORIGINAL: LoBlo

Nice scenario.

Tip: I find that turning "Contact Emissions" to only selected units helps performance greatly.

lb

You're playing the scenario? How did you obtain it?
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

ORIGINAL: Curious

ORIGINAL: LoBlo

Nice scenario.

lb

You're playing the scenario? How did you obtain it?

He shared it on the chat after the stream.

Søren
B52H

Post by B52H »

Link?
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

ORIGINAL: B52H

Link?
I´d rather not share this, as this is not my scen to share.
Kushan said that he was allmost ready to post the scen, so it propably won´t be long before he posts it.

Hope you understand.

Søren
LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

I've not playing it. I mean the conception of the scenario as shown on his stream is nice.

lb
B52H

Post by B52H »

Are you still making this scenario? It's been over a week. I am also building an Iran scenario (which takes place in 2019).
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

Yes, I am still working on it. When will it be released, when its ready. Keep in mind I do work for a living and don't have a lot of time during the week to devote to scenario work, made even worse these last two weeks by family flying in unexpectedly.

I did some research into Iran's nuclear program last week and cut the target list down. I'm down to just a few more events on the to do list and it should be ready. Hopefully later this week but no promises.
LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

Take your time and make the scenario that you enjoy. If you'ld like you can release the raw scenario and the community can spruce it up.

lb
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

Just an arb thought but I wonder how many CMANO players and scenario designers search activities get flagged by intel agencies for their... unusual and persistent topics haha. Anyway, looking forward to the scenario Kushan :)
B52H

Post by B52H »

Just take your time with the scenario. I also do not have lots of free time, but am able to dedicate an hour a day to CMANO. I am looking forward to playing the scenario in the future. Good Luck.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

ORIGINAL: bradinggs

Just an arb thought but I wonder how many CMANO players and scenario designers search activities get flagged by intel agencies for their... unusual and persistent topics haha. Anyway, looking forward to the scenario Kushan :)

I"ve always wondered about things like that. When I was in the Army my secondary specialty was nuclear weapons (back when we had nuclear artillery shells), then I tested and then designed nuclear submarine reactor plants for many years, and now I teach and do research in nuclear non-proliferation, so especially these days I search for some interesting info.

Makes me wonder if someone somewhere is collecting. Of course, if they know so much it would be easy to see that it all coincides with my work.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Kushan- I watched the videos. Looks like it has the makings of a good what if scenario. One comment I would make is to take Bushehr off the target list. It is a normal LWR used for electric power production. It has nothing to do with possible nuclear weapons production. The Russians provide fuel ready to load and they receive all the spent fuel so there is no opportunity to extract plutonium. And even if there was, Pu from a LWR used for electric power production is pretty much unsuitable for use in a plutonium based nuclear weapon, even if Iran had fuel reprocessing facilities, which it doesn't.

The only result there would be to spread contamination if the containment and reactor vessel were breached. I would estimate that in any proposed air strike against Iran, Bushehr would be left alone (unless you wanted to hurt them by knocking down the switchyard - even then you risk stray missiles hitting the containment. Best to let it be as it's not a threat.
----------------
Dave A.
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

I already did that for the public release. For the stream I simply took all the existing imports and loaded them. By that point in the stream I was just looking to blow something up before I called it :) For the public release I did a little bit of research and cut out all of the "civilian" power plants or places with working reactors. The targets in the released version are the Arak heavy water plant and the fuel enrichment facilities and Fordow and Natanz. If you have any suggestions for additional military targets that directly support their nuclear program I'd love to have 2-3 more facilities.

Arak has a reactor but you are ordered to avoid targeting it. Nothing happens if you do. Maybe in beta 2 I'll make a pop up message if its destroyed but I'm not going to make it a loss for the player if it is. The consequences from that would definitely be more political.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Yeah, sorry. I saw the other thread after posting this here.

Ignore my late to the bar rantings :-)
----------------
Dave A.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”