DBB-B question, 503rd Para Regiment

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DConn

DBB-B question, 503rd Para Regiment

Post by DConn »

I'm playing an email game of DBB-B, and we are just about at the end of 1943. I recently noticed that the 503rd Para Regiment, instead of having Device 1106, US Para Squad, contains Device 1119, USA Amph Sup Sq. From looking at the editor, it is supposed to have device 1106. I'm not sure how it got the 1119 devices, but it (obviously) greatly affects the usefulness of the unit. Anyone have any ideas as to how this happened, and whether there is any way to fix it? If there were a TOE upgrade coming up, I imagine that would do it, but there isn't one. Any ideas appreciated; thanks!
--Dave Conn
Currently defending the free world against montesaurus, DBB-B, Scen. 28
Symon

RE: DBB-B question, 503rd Para Regiment

Post by Symon »

That is a strange one. A long, long, long, long time ago device 1119 was a 1945 upgrade to US Abn Squads in the original stock scenarios. But they are only available 4509. All Babes and all of AndyMac’s updated Scens do not use 1119 as an Abn Squad upgrade. Device 1119 is an Amph Sup Squad. Been like that since 2009.

Very unusual that a long ago vestigial device designation, for a particular slot, is turning up in your game. I’ve seen instances of data corruption, but that is a normally random occurrence. This is specific, and identifiable. Hmmmm ! Ponder, ponder. Have you seen any of those “the data has changed, do you wish to continue?” messages when you load a new turn?
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
DConn

Post by DConn »

Thanks for your thoughts; I haven't had any of the "data changed, do you want to continue" messages when trying to load, so I wonder if (somehow), this has been present from the beginning. I may have some old saves, I will see if I can tell.
--Dave Conn
Currently defending the free world against montesaurus, DBB-B, Scen. 28
Symon

Post by Symon »

I dunno. That's a strange one. If you want, send me a PM. We'll have michaelm take a look. Need savegame files with passwords. Bun-bun wants it all. Ciao. JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”