Global retrofit

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

neofit

Global retrofit

Post by neofit »

I've tried searching it but cannot find the right combination of terms not to have too many results.

The Advisors sometime give me a message to perform a mass retrofit on my ships. Sometimes I don't want to because I am saving cash for something else. Is there a way to perform the same mass retrofit without the Advisor message, from somewhere in the interface, without manually ordering each ship or fleet to retrofit? I can't find these advisor messages in the Galactic History.
Raap

RE: Global retrofit

Post by Raap »

You can open the ships and bases window and select the top item, then hold shift and select the bottom item, then press Retrofit. Or you can select the category first, if you want to just retrofit a specific category of ships/bases, etc.
neofit

Post by neofit »

ORIGINAL: Raap

You can open the ships and bases window and select the top item, then hold shift and select the bottom item, then press Retrofit. Or you can select the category first, if you want to just retrofit a specific category of ships/bases, etc.
Yes, but that's what I meant "without manually ordering each ship or fleet to retrofit". Giving a direct order to ship or ships s a bit different from I seem to see the Advisor command doing. If I'm not mistaken, when I order a retrofit through the Advisors' advice, it queues a retrofit command to the concerned ships, then puts them back on auto. It's way more work finding the ships and then doing the same by hand.

So I'd like to either find a button that does this, or be able to recall the previously dismissed advice from the chat log.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

That is why you use the ship list. You can do the same retrofit (but it may interrupt more), open ships and bases, ctrl-A to select all, then press retrofit.
Raap

Post by Raap »

Using the ship list, the ships will *not* lose their automation setting. I.e. if they're automated before you retrofit, they will still be after you issue the retrofit command. Same goes for ordering entire fleets to retrofit in the Fleet window. But yes, it will interrupt with current orders. Don't think there's any way outside that, except waiting for the next advisor prompt.
neofit

Post by neofit »

The Advisor suggestion says: "Our ships and bases would be retrofitted after they complete their current missions".

How about such a button is added to the interface in an upcoming patch? Waiting for the next one is not always an option. For instance, my current "next one" wants me to add an Assault Pod to every ship even though I don't need any, so that's a waste of a good occasion.
Cadune

Post by Cadune »

The Advisor suggestion says: "Our ships and bases would be retrofitted after they complete their current missions".

I complete a new tech and it asks me if I want to upgrade all of my ships, and if I do, the cost is xxx. When i click accept it goes off and does ~stuff~. This confuses me as I'm fully manual designs etc and when i check my designs, the new tech hasn't been added?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”