Pirate colony ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

sbatman

Pirate colony ships

Post by sbatman »

I'm playing a Shadows game as a balanced pirate (set to pre-warp for empires) and just noticed an independent planet within my sphere of influence is building a colony ship, which appears to be owned by me. Anyone know how or why this happens? I have researched the colony module (didn't do it intentionally; it was tech stolen from a raid or intel mission), but I can't currently build colony ships. I don't want to build them at this point, as it sorta messes with the experience of playing as a pirate faction.
Lucian

RE: Pirate colony ships

Post by Lucian »

I'd be interested in the answer to this one too as this has happened to me also.
Elrohir525

Post by Elrohir525 »

Is it possible an automated combat ship of yours may have boarded and captured the colony ship an independent was building? Perhaps in that case construction continues until completion (although I'd say it shouldn't, and this would be a bug).
sbatman

Post by sbatman »

It appears I can build colony ships from the expansion planner screen but not from anywhere else. The colony ships get build at an independent colony at which I only have a hidden pirate base and no overt control. I may repost this in the forum's bugs section. It's not a big deal in my current game. I'm just not building the ships, but I am worried other pirates can.
garfield666

Post by garfield666 »

i think that if you colonize a planet you'll just make another independent one.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”