Playing 5th Edition

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

G Felzien

Playing 5th Edition

Post by G Felzien »

I appreciate all the optional rules that have been developed since I last played the board game (5th Ed) however I was wondering, what was the list of optional rules that 5th Ed had?

I do not have MWiF yet but when I do I would like to start with what I remember. I remember not using all the options. Just a few. Divisions I think was one and Siberians another.

Later we added PiF which did had some flavour and more options.

Does anyone have the rule book from 5th Ed that they could list what the options were?

Thanks.
Dabrion

RE: Playing 5th Edition

Post by Dabrion »

I think 5th ed was never printed. Rules where RAW2 + a bunch of Annuals back then. I guestimate you know PiF, SiF, AsA/AfA..

Anyways, I don't know of a comprehensive listing of the evolution of optional rules alone. There is this website from Patrice covering the evolution of WiF components/rules:
https://sites.google.com/site/frenchwif ... /wif-rules
https://sites.google.com/site/frenchwif ... es-erratas

Here is a spreadsheet we use to vote optionals. Has quick explanations for the non obvious ones. It is not MWiF specific:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: GFelz

I appreciate all the optional rules that have been developed since I last played the board game (5th Ed) however I was wondering, what was the list of optional rules that 5th Ed had?

I do not have MWiF yet but when I do I would like to start with what I remember. I remember not using all the options. Just a few. Divisions I think was one and Siberians another.

Later we added PiF which did had some flavour and more options.

Does anyone have the rule book from 5th Ed that they could list what the options were?

Thanks.
Perhaps the simplest solution would be for you to read about each optional rule and see if you remember it.[:)] After all, even if it were in the 5th edition, if you can't remember the optional rule, does it matter? Something about trees and forest is probably relevant here.[;)]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
G Felzien

Post by G Felzien »

LOL good point Steve! Thanks for the links Dabrion.

Return to “World in Flames”