Ship captain as Empire charachter

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Shuul

Ship captain as Empire charachter

Post by Shuul »

I have seen something weird, is it OK to have Ship captains when playing as empire?

Update 1.9.0.10
He appeard after destruction of pirate station, could be that he joined my forces when saw ho effective they are[:D]

Its cool for me, having not only admirals but captains, but it can make some ships very though with 2 bonuses from captain and admiral.
Shark7

RE: Ship captain as Empire charachter

Post by Shark7 »

Perfectly normal. You can even assign captains via mods if you like, and they work in the empire or as pirates.

Bear in mind that all the pirates and empires of the same race share the same characters file, so if you have no pirates of a race, then all the characters (save pirate leaders) should eventually appear in the empire(s) of that race.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

It's just rare that an empire get Ship Captains but not impossible.
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Yeah, I've had ship captains in my empires too. I think they should be even more common, actually. They're a great way to personalise fleets and single ships.
Fenrisfil

Post by Fenrisfil »

They are handy when they turn up, but they do seem incredibly rare when playing as a normal empire. It's interesting that there is no option in the race file to mod how frequently they turn up.
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, 64bit Windows 7, Radeon HD6900.
Starke

Post by Starke »

I've noticed I almost never get them until about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through my games, at which point I've got multiple fleets kicking around on the offensive, and then Ship Captains come out of the woodwork like craaaaaazy. I think it may be a combination of me having excess ability to support characters thanks to expansion/conquering that hasn't been filled by random character generation, and plenty of combat, which is what triggers Ship Captain creation.
The Distant Worlds sale made my purchase possible. Thank you!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”