Where do the existing scen files reside?

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Rosseau

Where do the existing scen files reside?

Post by Rosseau »

I certainly hope we can edit them [&:]

I did see you can unpack the save file and edit, which is a workaround [;)]
Ronald Wendt

RE: Where do the existing scen files reside?

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

at the moment all maps are in the resource file.

Savegames kann indeed be used if you:

- place them at C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Germany at War\Scenarios
- change the sav into scn
- remove the signature and autosave tag in the header
- remove all <messages> at the end

We will deliver maps, a better editor and a special manual in something you could call a "modding update" that is aimed at improving these things.

Regards,

Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks Ronald, that worked flawlessly. A little tricky setting up deploy zones, but that's half the fun. I also like your first game, too. On the surface, this is much closer to WW2 Time of Wrath than Panzer Corps. Surprised no one else has brought that up. Love Wastelands, but this has a more tactical feel and seemingly more aggressive AI. Highly recommended, with caveat I am not a big PBEM person.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

once you have rémove the stuff with an text editor, yu can use the editor in the game to add deploy hexes, should be quite easy.
If you have a little understanding for scripting, there are nice things you can do with the maps.
I think i will post a preview of the commands as soon as its ready for the public. It will be in the update, but it won't harm to
get it to people sooner.

Regards,
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

Hello,

at the moment all maps are in the resource file.

Savegames kann indeed be used if you:

- place them at C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Germany at War\Scenarios
- change the sav into scn
- remove the signature and autosave tag in the header
- remove all <messages> at the end

We will deliver maps, a better editor and a special manual in something you could call a "modding update" that is aimed at improving these things.

Regards,

Will you open up graphics and sounds for modding?
The Panzer Corps community is very active on this front and it would be nice to see this game take the same route.
I've noticed some unit devices use the same graphic ( I think the German 10.5cm gun and 28cm mortar uses the same graphic).
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

there are plans to expand the possibilities of modding beyond those mentioned above, also in the graphics section.

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”