Automatic Axis SU transfers between HQs

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Jagdfluger

Automatic Axis SU transfers between HQs

Post by Jagdfluger »

At the beginning of the 1941 blizzard, I sent all SUs back to OKH in Poland by setting all HQ support levels to 0 and OKH to 9. Now, it is one month later and I want to send them all back out to the Corp HQs. However, they remain back in Poland (can't say as I blame them, as my armies are being trashed). I tried setting all Corp HQs to a support level of 3 and OKH to 0 and that did not work. I then set all Army and Army Group HQs to 3 and OKH to 0 and they did not work -- not one SU moved. I gave it one more turn and still nothing.

Any idea what I am doing wrong. I have already wasted tons of APs doing it manually which has crippled by already poor blizzard defense.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jim
mmarquo

RE: Automatic Axis SU transfers between HQs

Post by mmarquo »

Are you unlocked?
Jagdfluger

Post by Jagdfluger »

Yes, everything is unlocked
Jim
morvael

Post by morvael »

Maybe it works if the OKH has subordinate HQs in range? Try to move OKH closer to army group and army HQs. Set all HQs to 0 except corps HQs, set those to 9. Maybe this will work?
Jagdfluger

Post by Jagdfluger »

I tried that (army group HQs are less than 5 hexes from OKH). I also tried to set all to 0 except corps HQs (set to 3), but that did not move a single SU either. I will try it with 9, but my problem is I need to manually move construction SUs to corp HQs to build forts, but they will not stay unless I lock the corp HQs (meaning they would not be able to get any other SUs). I will try to lock some and put the others on 9 and see how that works.
Jim
morvael

Post by morvael »

Perhaps try to use steps: set OKH to 0, army groups to 9, all below to locked. Next turn set OKH to locked, army groups to 0, armies to 9, corps locked - you get the idea. I don't like automated movement because sapper/construction units are not taken care of by this, and they use their own assignment limits. I prefer manual reatachment of SUs.

Of course you can also rail the OKH around and use free reassignment. This has the advantage of being able to split units as you want them, for the modest price of several hours of real time, million mouse clicks and wrist pain.
Jagdfluger

Post by Jagdfluger »

How does free reassignment work? Is that different than waiting (and being disappointed) with automatic reassignment?
Jim

Return to “The War Room”