Japanese Carrier Attack Aircraft Production 1942

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Ranger-75

Japanese Carrier Attack Aircraft Production 1942

Post by Ranger-75 »

How many of you knew of this, especially you Zeke99???

From Shattered Sword, p 89:

"Japan would produce just 56 carrier attack aircraft in all of 1942 (Vals, Kates, and Judy & Jill prototypes), a pathetically low figure".

Nakajima and Aichi had actually stopped production of Kates & Vals to try and work out production problems with the new models, and had to (slowly) re-start production.

I think any game that Zeke99 plays as the Japanese his Val and Kate factories must be set to 1 Val and 1 Kate per turn each for all of 1942. [:D]

What do you all think?

Note that would still give him almost double the historical output of these two types!

Here's a link on A6M production:

http://home.interlink.or.jp/~katoh00/ka ... m/a6m.html

I'm still looking for detailed info on Vals, Kates, Jills & Judys, but it pretty much looks like the first two were just about ended by the end of 1942 (and only 56 of all types were made all that year!), with the latter two slowly coming into service. But the rates of Jills & Judys at approx 50 per month (each) were only about 1/4 that of A6M5s at nearly 180 per month.

Of course you need to compare this to US & British totals which were well over 5,000 per month of all types.

Just a little food for thought.
Still playing PacWar (but no so much anymore)...
zeke99

RE: Japanese Carrier Attack Aircraft Production 1942

Post by zeke99 »

Thanks Ranger but missing the point. The production of D3 / B5 does NOT matter. These planes aren't even able to defend themselves. What matters is that the fighter production is below anything I experienced in any PAC game and far below historical values.

In the game I'm playing with Skipjack production gets not even close to the A6 figures!

You have to take the game mechanics into account; how air combat is calculated.

It simply bugs the game. [:(]
Ranger-75

Post by Ranger-75 »

Zeke, I saw your posts in the other thread, and was just ribbing you.

I can't get it to display correctly on my T30 with XP so I'm just re-reading and studying the rules and Ob files until i can get a dosbox setup running.

I've been trying to locate some A6M monthly production numbers , but have not been able to find any reliable data. Taking an average over nearly 7 years is not a viable method either. Eventually I'll find something.

Even so, with all the fighters and no Vals or Kates, how do you expect to sink anything???
Still playing PacWar (but no so much anymore)...
zeke99

Post by zeke99 »

Ranger, based on your statements here and in other threads, when was the last time you were playing this game against a human opponent?

Must been a very long time ago [;)]

BTW thx for ribbing, works both ways [:D]
bradk

Post by bradk »

ORIGINAL: zeke99

In the game I'm playing with Skipjack production gets not even close to the A6 figures!

Its been determined you're playing an old version which was used as a test for supervised AI vs AI. If you had some data to present from a game using V 1.05 or V 1.06, that would be very useful.
zeke99

Post by zeke99 »

Well Brad, I first have to finish the game, hardly can change versions while playing.

Have you got any feedback from V1.06?
bradk

Post by bradk »

Later versions work much better but I don't have sufficient data for 44 and 45. There can be a lot of variation it what is going on late in the game.

I stopped playing last fall due to demands of real life. I expect to resume playing (and working on the project) later this year.

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”