Ship Designs do not load in Shadows

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

jt77

Ship Designs do not load in Shadows

Post by jt77 »

I have upgraded to Shadows and it does not matter which version (1.9.0.6 and under) that I am running, I can not load ship designs that I created in a previous game of Shadows. When I choose 'load designs' and then select my designs file, it obsoletes all ships and then loads only the defense base design or the frigate design, but none of the others. Is anyone else having this problem? It is very frustrating to have to manually update all of the ships each time I start a new game.
Fenrisfil

RE: Ship Designs do not load in Shadows

Post by Fenrisfil »

Does it add the designs and then obsoletes them or not even add them at all (aside from the frigate/defensive base)? If it's the former it may be worth trying it with the auto design updates all off in the policy window as the AI seems to get confused with auto upgrades and imported custom designs. If it's the later then I have no idea why this would happen, but it's not something that I've come across when loading my own designs.
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, 64bit Windows 7, Radeon HD6900.
jt77

Post by jt77 »

I have all of my empire policies set at control manually. I was wrong before, the game does not automatically obsolete each ship class, it leaves the same ones in and loads either/or my frigate design or defense base design only. This started with Shadows, my designs always loaded in Legends. Still very frustrating to re design from scratch each game...
crusender

Post by crusender »

me i play whit design template of the race, so AI retrofit and keep design i make, just fun when i meet same race has me, it give me some good fight.

Return to “Tech Support”