Playing DW for years - might quit over this

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

gargoil

Playing DW for years - might quit over this

Post by gargoil »

I cannot ever build a hidden pirate base.

I have 100% control for 2.5 years of a independent colony. I have resources. I have 47k credits.

Green hammer on planet says "No Planetary Buildings Available". Other yellow/gold hammers for constructor to queue to build spaceport, resort, mine, etc.

What the hell?
Tiberiumkyle

RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this

Post by Tiberiumkyle »

Hidden pirate base costs 100k, iirc.
In your forums, lurking about!
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Yep, they are expensive to build. They are also hard to complete.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

I Could have sworn I saw on these forums that they were 30k. I got a defense mission for 15.6k. And then raided that same planet after the mission for 17K. All well and good. But no income from control until a base is built?
invaderzim

Post by invaderzim »

I think the pirate base is 30k. It's 100k for the fortress iirc. As for the criminal network, I've started one for 150k, I've seen higher figures elsewhere.
Plant

Post by Plant »

They cost 30k, more if raider to 45k.

Why post this title in the general forums?
Go and post it in the tech section, where all the bugs are reported.
Don't forget to mention your patch, post a screenshot, and give them your zipped savefiles.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

ORIGINAL: Shark7

I Could have sworn I saw on these forums that they were 30k. I got a defense mission for 15.6k. And then raided that same planet after the mission for 17K. All well and good. But no income from control until a base is built?

30 is the first level pirate hideout, there are three levels, 30k, 50k, and 100k IIRC.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Starfry

Post by Starfry »

Does the Hidden Pirate bases need to be built on Empire controlled worlds? I recall someone saying that pirates cannot build them on independent worlds.
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

ORIGINAL: Starfry

Does the Hidden Pirate bases need to be built on Empire controlled worlds? I recall someone saying that pirates cannot build them on independent worlds.

Both works - In fact I dare you to manage it on an Empire planet due to the issue of "larger population = lesser potential control percentage" mechanic. Basically - no pirate base homeworlds unless you glass them. [:D]
Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)
invaderzim

Post by invaderzim »

Is it still possible to put pirate bases on empire worlds?
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: Plant

They cost 30k, more if raider to 45k.

Why post this title in the general forums?
Go and post it in the tech section, where all the bugs are reported.
Don't forget to mention your patch, post a screenshot, and give them your zipped savefiles.

To answer your question, I keep hoping someone will tell me where it is my fault - that I am not understanding this right. I am a raider, so you say its 45K. I have 47k. So maybe its more like 47,5k that I need?
Plant

Post by Plant »

No it's 45k. Have you played the game since? Sometimes it takes 19 days for the game to realise that you have enough money. If not, go send a bug report to the tech sub-section.

I've had pirate homeworlds rather easily, since once you start to control them, you gain more than enough money to control them to 100%, bugs notwithstanding.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

If you have enough control (50%) and enough money (30k+ - it depends on which pirate playstyle you chose, some require more) then you will be allowed to build a hidden pirate base. It may take time for the game to "refresh" the button to reflect that the conditions have been met.

We'll looking making this refresh more quickly and give more feedback on why it can't be built.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”