Making R&D factories build

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zigurat666

Making R&D factories build

Post by Zigurat666 »

Is there some trick I,m missing? How do you get bases with loads of supply to build R&D factories? I have set up some frames to only require a 1 build and over two months have not built any of them. I can understand if the aircraft in question is years away but some of the models are only 6-8 months and are stagnant every turn.
CowboyRonin

RE: Making R&D factories build

Post by CowboyRonin »

You have to expand the factories until the number outside of the parentheses and the number inside the parentheses equal 30. The factory will then repair until it says 30(0). At that point, it will be helping research as much as it can. However, you really don't see anything "built"; you just see an announcement in the event log that "availability date of" whatever plane "advanced to" the new date (normally, they advance a month at a time). There are several other posts that explain why 30 is a magic size. Expanding an R&D Factory works exactly like expanding any other factory, and it costs the same as well.
Matrix forum liaison to Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager team
WitW/WitE2 Alpha tester
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Check this out tm.asp?m=3329605 and look under R&D for a complete explaination on how it works. The rest is pretty good too if I say so myself [:)]
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Zigurat666

Is there some trick I,m missing? How do you get bases with loads of supply to build R&D factories? I have set up some frames to only require a 1 build and over two months have not built any of them. I can understand if the aircraft in question is years away but some of the models are only 6-8 months and are stagnant every turn.

You need 10K supply to repair R&D factories
All factories at a facility must be repaired before you receive research pionts from it.
Repair is by random number and the further away the a/c is the higher the odds. Basicaly over 2 years is pointless.
30 factories gives you 1 RP per day, 100 RP are needed to advance the a/c one month
500+ engines of the a/c being researched doubles the RPs
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

All factories at a facility must be repaired before you receive research pionts from it.
Repair is by random number and the further away the a/c is the higher the odds. Basicaly over 2 years is pointless.
30 factories gives you 1 RP per day, 100 RP are needed to advance the a/c one month

In my current game vs. AI, I have some factories that I've been increasing 1 point each day I notice it's fully repaired (starting from 10 or so as I was slacking on the R&D). Even at only 8 months out from the arrival date, it takes many days to repair one point on an R&D factory - even if you have 11k+ supply.
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

R&D 6 months away shouldn't be stagnant every turn.

In addition to the advice you've already gotten you'll not only need 10k plus 1k to start repairs but at locations where multiple industry is repairing you'll need an additional 1k for every factory undergoing repairs. If you fall short of supply something isn't getting repaired that turn so it's always nice to have a 2k to 3k cushion.

Don't know if it will assist but here's a screen from 4.3.42

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
kmitahj

Post by kmitahj »

Just to add on top of all the info above: if you expand your r/d factory just by 1 element a day you are hurting your odds. If your expand it by 1 and wait till that one elemnt is repaired before you expand it by one again then you hurts your odds enormousely. Don't do it. Expand to your final target size for given r/d factory (typically 30) and then let the Dice Gods do their job (just try to keep the place supplied as said above).

The reason is that for every given day chance of repair is like SIZE-OF-FACTORY/DAYS-TILL-AIRFRAME-ARRIVAL, where factory size is total size of repaired and damaged elements. If you keep that size for long time below your final target you lose.

Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

OK so I already knew all of that except for the "Random number" thing to see if it will even repair. I guess thats my issue then is that I,m not getting the magic rolls to build. So in other words meeting all the conditions is only going to get a dice roll.

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

OK so I already knew all of that except for the "Random number" thing to see if it will even repair. I guess thats my issue then is that I,m not getting the magic rolls to build. So in other words meeting all the conditions is only going to get a dice roll.

Remember the further away the normal R&D is the worse the odds are at repairing a factory. If an a/c is two or more years away then forget about researching it until it is <=2 years.

What has not been mentioned is updating a facility to the next a/c in the family does not damage factories, any other upgrade damages all factories and reduces the number by about a 1/3. For instance upgrading a 30(0) A6M2 Zero to a A6M2 Sen Baku results in a 30(0) factory while upgrading to a A6M3 results in 0(23ish).
czert2

Post by czert2 »

Are engines speeded up same way as planes ? since it will be "funny" to have developed plane but engine still in development phase.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Actually engine R&D is different and the repair rate of the R&D factories too just so this will not happen. Chances are you will always get the engines well before you need them [:)]. At least I have without doing much of anything with engine R&D.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”