DBB & Stewart Island

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

witpqs

DBB & Stewart Island

Post by witpqs »

Playing DBB 28-C started in December 2011. Have noticed that there are two bases called Stewart Island, but neither one has any unique identifier to set it apart like the other duplicate pairs have {example: Christmas Island versus Christmas Island (IO)}.

They are slots 750 and 1485.

Attachments
StewartIsland.jpg
StewartIsland.jpg (357.69 KiB) Viewed 113 times
witpqs

RE: DBB & Stewart Island

Post by witpqs »

I included a pic of the bases list display but for some reason it is not embedding in the post.
Symon

Post by Symon »

Darn !! Hope you didn't send an invasion TF to the wrong one !!

There's another one. It isn't spelled Stewart, but Stuart.

That would be Stuart, FL. A very popular stopping point on the Intracoastal. There’s the Marriott Beach Resort and Marina, on Hutchinson Island that’s pretty tasty. Has docks and also an anchorage with launch service; woof! Jupiter (just 10 miles down the ditch) is still the last exit from inside to outside, till you get to Riviera Beach. Back in the day, Burt Reynolds had a really cool restaurant at Hobe Sound, with extensive docks; he catered seriously to cruising sailors.

Darn, I gotta get back on a boat and go visit these places again. Woof !!

J
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

[:D]

They look pretty small even on AE's map, so I'm way more likely to visit Stuart, FL one day!
RevRick

Post by RevRick »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Darn !! Hope you didn't send an invasion TF to the wrong one !!

There's another one. It isn't spelled Stewart, but Stuart.

That would be Stuart, FL. A very popular stopping point on the Intracoastal. There’s the Marriott Beach Resort and Marina, on Hutchinson Island that’s pretty tasty. Has docks and also an anchorage with launch service; woof! Jupiter (just 10 miles down the ditch) is still the last exit from inside to outside, till you get to Riviera Beach. Back in the day, Burt Reynolds had a really cool restaurant at Hobe Sound, with extensive docks; he catered seriously to cruising sailors.

Darn, I gotta get back on a boat and go visit these places again. Woof !!

J

Just to the south of Stuart was a sleepy little town named Salerno.. and a place called the Fish'n'hole. Dad and I used to put in there after driving from the farming area around Lake Okeechobee, and then try to work our way out St. Lucie Inlet. Camped in Sand Sprit, pulled out at 7:00 to hit the flats just inside the north cut of the inlet and try to catch snook. Went outside and stayed out until we could barely see the dock - tied up, cleaned fish while Mama started the cook pit and made cole slaw, and had fresh whatever it was. Now, folks. It just don't get any better than that! They're both gone, boats gone, the park (I think) is gone, and I couldn't find hide nor hair of the Fish'n'hole last time I was down there. And I am 400 miles away with a lot of salt water tackle that would catch the other shore of most fishing holes around here.

Oy!
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: RevRick
Just to the south of Stuart was a sleepy little town named Salerno.. and a place called the Fish'n'hole. Dad and I used to put in there after driving from the farming area around Lake Okeechobee, and then try to work our way out St. Lucie Inlet. Camped in Sand Sprit, pulled out at 7:00 to hit the flats just inside the north cut of the inlet and try to catch snook. Went outside and stayed out until we could barely see the dock - tied up, cleaned fish while Mama started the cook pit and made cole slaw, and had fresh whatever it was. Now, folks. It just don't get any better than that! They're both gone, boats gone, the park (I think) is gone, and I couldn't find hide nor hair of the Fish'n'hole last time I was down there. And I am 400 miles away with a lot of salt water tackle that would catch the other shore of most fishing holes around here.

Oy!
God love you, Rev. Long time ago and in a place far away, I used to work for Harris, Govt Systems, in Melbourne, FL. Lived on South Tropical Trail; not down by the dragon, but just 2 houses above the Merrritt Isl bridge. Dick Tillman was 2 houses up, and Mike Huck was just 2 more beyond. Paul Wager (Mr Lindenberg 28) was 4 houses down from the bridge towards the dragon.

Them was the days. The Indian River, back then, was a hotbed of hot-rod boat racing, and when we were done, we would wander on down south and congregate at the various watering holes. Met a lot of fishers and other folk. Had fun, learned a lot.

Different now. Need an American Express Gold card to even get the attention of a valet. Oh well! Life does not follow a predictable path. But there's still places you and I can go, that are fun, without the #*$$@^& nonsense.

Nice to know you are a real waterman. My respects.

JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”