Firing Polititians

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

hfl13

Firing Polititians

Post by hfl13 »

Early in the game I fired everybody who is unfit for duty till I got the best of the best for leader & governors (one famous). My mediocre admirals, generals & spies were replaced without much improvement. Starting around 2785 I no longer got fast replacements and now I miss my mediocre 4th governor.

Its now 2806 and my great leader was defeated (stupid elections ;-) ) and I fired his first replacement for poor traits. Now I am waiting the month till I can fire the next replacement. --> Should the leader really be dismissable by player without an election, a revolution or serious consequences?

Dismissing the leader gives you a new leader in a democracy after an election. Real etch-a-sketchy ;-)

Does the type of government influence leader availability? (Please direct me to any useful posts on the leading characters)

DW+RotS+Legends+Shadows 1.9.0.8
ASHBERY76

RE: Firing Polititians

Post by ASHBERY76 »

The consequence of firing is the time waiting for the next.
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

The waiting for a new leader is very short (fired my bastard 5 or 6 times now) - the game probable needs that leader position filled.
Kenyoshi

Post by Kenyoshi »

Honestly, I like the idea articulated, consequences for firing leaders. If I had an election and dismissed a leader, there should be a serious unrest penalty or possibly breakaway faction. It would be cool if I dismissed a governor, his planet or series of planets go with him. Possibly same with General or Admiral taking ships or fleets; Intelligence Agents could defect and go to another side. It need not be every time, but a small chance of one of the above happening might compel you to stick with a bad character.
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

My point Kenyoshi exactly. If my humans are a democracy - why can the dictator player dismiss a just elected leader?
No logic at all.

After 20 years with an amazing Leader - I now want him back or at least someone good - average leaders get dumped in my empire.
Plant

Post by Plant »

I never knew you could fire characters. Silly me. Hmmm, maybe I should give it a go. I had an intelligence agent with at least -20 on everything.
To be honest I wish there weren't any advisors as I feel it doesn't add much to the game, except for the ambassador and the intelligence agent. I supposed it was tacked on because a lot of people like levelling up mechanics
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

Governors, Leaders and all others are nice additions that can vastly improve your planet/empire/diplomacy/espionage/armys and fleets.

Meet my favorite governor and watch his traits:
The image includes the dismiss button - maybe I find a savegame that includes my great leader.

Urctum 3 is the human homeplanet and financed most of my expansion with 35-40% tax rate.

The planet gives a third more taxes and is still maxed out in population with a very happy population - thats a good leders work.

And if IRC (manual & forum) the leader gave his greater boni to my whole empire.
Attachments
CobiLucadi.jpg
CobiLucadi.jpg (53.86 KiB) Viewed 70 times
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

There is government, and there is real power :-) That way you can imagine someone dismissing an elected official. Dismiss/assassinate, whatever.

There are quite a few things in this game that is more or less abusive. To avoid all of them may require some self constraint.
Plant

Post by Plant »

Check out this wonderful agent

I agree though, it seems rather odd that you can dismiss characters, especially Leaders. I would had imagined that characters are the direct product of your empire's culture and institutions, and as such you don't have direct control over whether or not they can be dismissed.
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

Plant - and you nomminated him for "firee" (fired employee) of the month.

That man is as a danger to his service - his real name is Mr. Bean ;-)

Nice that "lawful" gives this great bonuses - you have to retrain him - maybe great as governor.

I really hate drunk admirals.
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling
There are quite a few things in this game that is more or less abusive. To avoid all of them may require some self constraint.

And every player must find his balance and nudge matrix to close the biggest exploits.

After reading the forum in detail I dismissed some tactics as not appopriate for my style of playing (e.g. trading research for money) but for others thats their main economic policy.
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

Found him in a save game:

Attachments
GerrinBerallia.jpg
GerrinBerallia.jpg (67.4 KiB) Viewed 67 times

Return to “The War Room”