Map Issue

The greatest historical strategy game about Napoleon's Campaigns is here!

Napoleon's Campaigns is a realistic simulation of the campaigns fought by the renowned French emperor between 1805 and 1815. In addition to reliving these landmarks of operational maneuver across Europe, the game also includes the Peninsula War (1808-1814) and even a what-if scenario where Napoleon invades England (1805).

Each scenario presents a unique and interesting challenge!
warspite1

Map Issue

Post by warspite1 »

Looked at the screenshot on the product page and saw that Anglia is sited north of London and that Sussex and Wessex are in the wrong places. That said, why is the map even using Wessex and Anglia anyway?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Noakesy

RE: Map Issue

Post by Noakesy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Looked at the screenshot on the product page and saw that Anglia is sited north of London and that Sussex and Wessex are in the wrong places. That said, why is the map even using Wessex and Anglia anyway?

Petty petty petty! [;)] I have to say I thought exactly the same but didn't want to say anything as I thought it might have been unwelcome! [:)][;)]

Sadly when you see a basic error like that it does make you wonder (rightly or wrongly) about the rest of the detail that is lauded on the product description. Sorry, I'm not normally this picky, but I've been looking for a good Napoleonic strategy game for years and would very much like to like this.
Noakesy
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Don't throw the baby with the bathwater [;)]

There might be a few errors in the map, but for the vast if not overwhelming majorities of facts & data, they are right, and yes, NCP is a good operational simulation of the Napoleonic Wars. Admittedly, this is all in my opinion!

The British Isles are there because you have a what if scenario on the invasion of Albion. Also, we planned the map to allows extra scenarios, like the Expedition to Ireland by France, in 1798.

edit: this AAR is in Spanish but you can look at the screenshots they are quite entertaining

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... arie/page4
AGEOD Team
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Pocus

Don't throw the baby with the bathwater [;)]

There might be a few errors in the map, but for the vast if not overwhelming majorities of facts & data, they are right, and yes, NCP is a good operational simulation of the Napoleonic Wars. Admittedly, this is all in my opinion!

The British Isles are there because you have a what if scenario on the invasion of Albion. Also, we planned the map to allows extra scenarios, like the Expedition to Ireland by France, in 1798.

edit: this AAR is in Spanish but you can look at the screenshots they are quite entertaining

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... arie/page4
warspite1

Yes, but they are pretty basic. Were there no British beta testers? [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Pocus

The British Isles are there because you have a what if scenario on the invasion of Albion.

If you call us Albion can we please have King Arthur and Merlin to defend us against the our hereditary enemy?

Game looks quite pretty though from the AAR
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”