Can Matrix increase the size of screen shots

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Greyshaft

Can Matrix increase the size of screen shots

Post by Greyshaft »

Not sure where this post should go ...

Maybe my eyes are getting old but I find it difficult to see all of the detail in the matrix screen shots shown for each game in the Matrix store. Why are the screenshots only one quarter the size of the screen? Can Matrix consider making them bigger so us potential buyers can wallow in the detail for a while when making our purchasing decision? I was looking at the screenshot with the Campaigns of Napoleon battle details but couldn't understand what it all meant so not yet sure I want that game.
/Greyshaft
warspite1

RE: Can Matrix increase the size of screen shots

Post by warspite1 »

That's a good shout. +1
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

+1
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Hey guys I also clicked on the pics it covered almost my whole 15 inch laptop. What's the deal?
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

It's very small on my monitor?
Tony
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Right click on image -> open it in new tab and hit ctrl+ (or cmd+ for OSX) in order to increase.

The one thing I don't get is, even there are so many oldtimers here, playing wargames for more than two decades, they still didn't figure out the basics of operating systems.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: Lützow

The one thing I don't get is, even there are so many oldtimers here, playing wargames for more than two decades, they still didn't figure out the basics of operating systems.

You might get it if you concentrate on the big clue in your post. "OLDTIMERS"

I know because I'm one of them. That and the drinking of course.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

You forgot to mention eating cheese[:D]. Are you going to let a real team win the big ten this year?!?!?!?[8D]
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

You forgot to mention eating cheese[:D]. Are you going to let a real team win the big ten this year?!?!?!?[8D]

I'm sorry I see you're from Iowa. All your pro team players still actually husking corn instead of playing football?

Although Iowa folks do like Wisconsin. We know because most of them and the Illini come north every summer for vacation just to see trees and lakes instead of cornfields.

[;)]
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

You got me! Wisconsin is a beautiful state. Just a sub par college football team[:'(]

ORIGINAL: rogo727

I'm sorry I see you're from Iowa. All your pro team players still actually husking corn instead of playing football?

Although Iowa folks do like Wisconsin. We know because most of them and the Illini come north every summer for vacation just to see trees and lakes instead of cornfields.

[;)]
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Right click on image -> open it in new tab and hit ctrl+ (or cmd+ for OSX) in order to increase.

You're adding a not needed step. Just hit ctrl+ zooms the pic. And yes, I'm an "Oldtimer"!

Also, Ohio State all the way.....
Tony
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Correct - guilty as charged. How do you right click if using a Mac?

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Treale

You're adding a not needed step. Just hit ctrl+ zooms the pic. And yes, I'm an "Oldtimer"!
warspite1

Okay Treale just works - although the bigger image is easier to see, its a bit blurred so would be better if there is an option for a bigger image (without losing any sharpness).

Just out of curiosity, I looked at the Campaigns of Napoleon map to test this and noticed that Wessex was east of Sussex?? What's that all about?

Greyshaft

Post by Greyshaft »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
- although the bigger image is easier to see, its a bit blurred so would be better if there is an option for a bigger image (without losing any sharpness).
... which is what I meant but I expressed it poorly. What's the point of zooming in if the text becomes blurred and unreadable?
/Greyshaft
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We'll look in to it guys - there used to be a limitation on size but I thought we had fixed it.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Good suggestion. If I were Matrix/Slitherine I would have the highest rez screens available. Often they are the first one sees when a new title appears.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

ORIGINAL: Treale

Also, Ohio State all the way.....

That would take a left-click first, considering you want to resize the particular image and not the whole products page.
parusski

Post by parusski »

That and the other obvious solution-do as I have done, get a 120" computer monitor.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

If bandwidth is a concern, there should be an option to "download High Rez Images" while keeping a smaller image as the default display.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

They don't look too good on my computer.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Return to “General Discussion”