Beat This--OT

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bullwinkle58

Beat This--OT

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I'm really, really tired today. In addition to the eight new inches of snow still falling (schools lcosed early due to ice), Girl of the Prairie and I stayed up waaaay to late for a school teacher with a 0430 alarm.

After we watched "How It's Made" on the DVR (briefcses, cropdusters, drag racing clutches), I asked her if I could watch five minutes of the Military Channels's documentary on USMC basic tank crew school. She said sure. Ten minutes in I started to turn it off. She said no way, it was fascinating, and she sat there and watched the whole thing, asking questions the entire time. She especially liked the part about replacing thrown tracks; she's done that on tractors with father and brothers in muddy NoDak fields.

So, beat that, men. Best. Wife. Ever. [8D]
The Moose
John 3rd

RE: Beat This--OT

Post by John 3rd »

Got to love that Gal!

MIne bought me a Union Pacific caboose and she ROCKS!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Mine took a picture of me with three NFL Cheerleaders and bought "A Bridge Too Far" and "The Longest Day" so she could watch them with me and ask questions. Also, she is reading "The Last Stand of the Tin Can Soilders". [&o][&o][&o]

Oh, another thing, she has a ship named after her in the Star Fleet Universe, the auxiliary hospital ship USS 5704 Amy G Curtis![&o]

Not that what you had wasn't great Moose, but, welcome to the club! [:)]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Mine encouraged me to blow $350 on a B-24 ride when our finances were tight.

She doesn't tend to like documentaries in general and really doesn't like war stuff, so you have me beat there.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

She doesn't tend to like documentaries in general and really doesn't like war stuff, so you have me beat there.

Bill

Glad she could recognize the once in a lifetime opportunity. Some years ago, my grandfather (he's gone now, recently) took me up in a B-25. Best $75 we ever spent - if I had to choose between buying WITP or that ride, I'd pick the ride.
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

The best thing mine did was leave 22 years ago.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Mine is a winner because she puts up with me and my gaming with barely a peep. She isn't interested in anything military, but some day she might read my AAR. I say that because she's surprised that I've stuck with it so long and that the hit count continues to grow on an all but abandoned forum.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill
+1
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

When I am snoozing on the beach, mine will wake me when a pretty girl walks by. Been doing that for 30 years now. Top that suckaz![;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
panzer cat

Post by panzer cat »

Floor seats for Eric Clapton in Raleigh 2 weeks ago, love her.
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Wow.

Best I can say is my wife tolerates my napoleon complex. Though she did like it when I took her dogfighting in some cropdusters. That was pretty cool.
Andy M
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood

The best thing mine did was leave 22 years ago.

Are you sure she left? Perhaps you merely passed into another dimension. There is a dimension beyond that which is known to woman. It is a dimension as vast as your man-cave and as timeless as nacho Doritos with French onion dip. It is a middle ground between leaving the toilet seat up and saying "yes, dear" to everything that is said and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his superficiality. This is a dimension of adjudication, a place we call Divorce Court. [8D]

Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

Actually, she is gone, she died a couple of years ago. I have to admit though, I did not go to her funeral, she could have arisen from the dead, she was mean enough.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Mine watches football and insisted on seeing Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers and The Pacific. She is now steeped in war movies enough to comment on things like out of era weapons in crappy movies (think all those films with M-60s standing in for the German tanks). Also read some of the Hornblower and Aubrey/Maturin books and loved the Hornblower TV show. Finally, she's willing to spend days at a time hiking and hanging out on desolate ranches in West Texas.
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Wife long gone, girlfriend too. Gotta beat something else.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Don't think I can top you guys, but I once had a girlfriend bring a large bottle of Gatorade to my place on a Saturday morning, knowing and accepting that I was hungover from the night before. Another girlfriend always made sure to raise the toilet seat when she was done (completely unbidden, I'll add).

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

Today is my anniversary. My wife took me shooting and then out to dinner for Steak.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

When I am snoozing on the beach, mine will wake me when a pretty girl walks by. Been doing that for 30 years now. Top that suckaz![;)]

GOTP sits and tries not to laugh when I pause "Stargate" DVDs on the best "Carter scenes." [8D]

Yes, she has watched, with me, all of the "Stargates", all of "Battlestar Galactica", all of "West Wing", all of "Sports Night."

Also "Saving Private Ryan", "Das Boot" (in German), Ken Burns' "The War", "The Winds of War" and "War and Remembrance.". We have "BOB" in shrink wrap. I myself have not yet seen "The Pacific." Will this summer as it's on-demand on HBO.

I plan to break her in easy on "The Sopranos." She doesn't like violence. [:)]
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Today is my anniversary. My wife took me shooting and then out to dinner for Steak.

Steak is better than steak, but not as good as STEAK!!!!!! [:'(]
The Moose
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

...mine offered me the other half of her bagel and the rest of her coffee this morning...small things...
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”