NJG morale

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

cohimbra

NJG morale

Post by cohimbra »

Hi, actually my big problem is about NJG morale; they scrumble, fight
and return to base; 1 night, 1 mission, no more...and even they knock
down some enemy aircrafts their morale falls inexorably. And even if
they remain at the base without flying for 1/2 turns, is very hard to
see their morale grow up. My question is: how do you manage the NJG
squadrons to ensure that they are ready and in high spirits?
It's been just ten turns and there is serious risk of not having aircraft
ready to take off in the near future. Any tips are appreciated.

PS. I never allow that pilot fatigue exceed 20/25
npsergio

RE: NJG morale

Post by npsergio »

That is very strange...
In my game NGJs usually are the units with higher moral, just because they rest a lot.
Some tips I have learnt about moral management:
- Look at the unit Leader's inspiration. The higher inspiration the faster the units recover morale.
- Try to let them rest for some days and nights. Even if their fatigue is low, or even if they get enemy kills, I have experienced that units that fly continuosly get their morale go down.
- Take a look to the AF damage. Units in damaged AF have lower morale.
- don't fly with low night visibility. It's a waste of fuel, it increases fatigue, reduce moral, and the NJG won't kill any enemy plane... Even with the best radar, NJG needs some moon light to increase their effectivity.

I hope that this helps you
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

Thanks npsergio, I'll focus particularly on point 2 and 4 and see what happen.
Gunnerchimp

Post by Gunnerchimp »

Even on nights with low visibility, there are prey to be had. I've found that patrolling near cities (not just the target city, but those along the bomber's route)results in an increase in kills. If you miss them on the way in, you can set traps for them on the way out.
Knife? That's not a knife. THIS is a knife!

cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

ORIGINAL: Gunnerchimp
I've found that patrolling near cities (not just the target city, but those along the bomber's route)results in an increase in kills. If you miss them on the way in, you can set traps for them on the way out.

I'll give a try. All info are precious, thanks to both.
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

Just for info: last turn I've tried the Gunnerchimp method, I set two NJG squad to patrol (4 + 4 + 4 etc)
the Berlin urban area and my Ju 88C-6 shoot down 8 Wellington III and another 2/3 enemy bomber...not bad.
The other NJG are in Rest, and I notice that morale grow up by average of 3 points per squad, only a pair
of squad have lost morale (I track morale by last turn and compared with this new)...I don't know why, the
leader's inspiration is 80 or higher, the AF aren't damage and they don't be bombed by allied...
However it goes a little better...thanks again, I continue to tracking morale and see what happen.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”