Repeated LCUs

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pacificbetta

Repeated LCUs

Post by pacificbetta »

I was wondering how repeated units are handed in this game. Some examples:

Maizuru 2 SNLF, scenario 1 started with it loaded on 2 ships, yet we have a Maizuru 2 SNLF (albeit frag sized) in the reinforcement. Is the reinforcement to serve as a fragment (should the at-start unit die) and top up (should the at-start unit stay alive)? Or do we magically have a 2nd Maizuru 2nd SNLF?

20 Army, scenario 1 started with one in Manchuria under Kwantung Army. Later we have another 20 Army (this time a full sized HQ unit) appearing in China under China Expedition. Now both HQ will have associated units, is there anyway that I can differentiate the sub-units under each HQ in-game?
Chris21wen

RE: Repeated LCUs

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: pacificbetta

I was wondering how repeated units are handed in this game. Some examples:

Maizuru 2 SNLF, scenario 1 started with it loaded on 2 ships, yet we have a Maizuru 2 SNLF (albeit frag sized) in the reinforcement. Is the reinforcement to serve as a fragment (should the at-start unit die) and top up (should the at-start unit stay alive)? Or do we magically have a 2nd Maizuru 2nd SNLF?

20 Army, scenario 1 started with one in Manchuria under Kwantung Army. Later we have another 20 Army (this time a full sized HQ unit) appearing in China under China Expedition. Now both HQ will have associated units, is there anyway that I can differentiate the sub-units under each HQ in-game?

Once all elements of the SNLF unit are in the same hex you can combine them, until then they will operate as separate units.

The 20a ae separate units. I do not know why they have the same number, possible a data problem.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”