I win

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

dazkaz15

I win

Post by dazkaz15 »

Just need to share this with someone that might appreciate my achievment, and sacrifice [;)]

I have just spent the last 4 days battling against that cunning AI, but am happy to report I have won for a change [:)]

I showed the wife, but all she said was "does this mean you are going to peel yourself out of that chair now" [:'(]

Maybe you guys will appreciate this monumental acheivmet (for me anyway) more than the wife [:D]

This one showes state of play at the end with all revealed.

This one is the body count.

Zoomed out shot of the state of play at full time.

The game was played with the old finnished release, not the beta patch.
Phoenix100

RE: I win

Post by Phoenix100 »

Certainly a monumental achievement. Congratulations. I've never got anywhere near winning this scenario, or Loshiem, as Axis. And nor did the RL Axis. Wish I could say '4 days well spent'.......But at least you enjoyed and it satisfied that male obsessional thing. Who knows, you might have gone out and done untold damage to your local community if you hadn't been stuck to the chair instead. And your wife should certainly feel happy about the state of your relationship, because at least she knows what you're doing. I wouldn't dare tell my wife. [:)]
Renato

Post by Renato »

I can fully appreciate your extraordinary achievement. Really an outstanding feat! [:D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

Outstanding..oh how many times I've seen THE LOOK from my ex when I showed her something with a beaming smile...ahem.

By the way superb casualty ratio..the Allies took a severe pounding.
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

This is quite awesome dazkaz. I once just caressed a Marginal Victory with my fingertips, that became a draw. Hats off to you
wodin

Post by wodin »

Just 1 disbanded unit aswell...dear lord amazing. never seen that many surrenders either..job well and truly done.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Thanks guys [:)]

I had to reload twice, both due to interface errors, which where my fault.
I like to adjust the bombardment by selecting everything then moving the order but sometimes I pick up the attack order of my attacking Batalian by mistake, and move that causing a re-plan [:(]
My house rules allow me to go back to the last auto save when I do this [;)]

I also had a worrying moment when I forgot to click on the attack in successive lines, at night for a coordinated infantry/armour attack, which resulted in my armour going into the town alone, where I promptly lost half of the company.

It then routed, and I was unable to recover it until It had just 2 panzers mk4 left out of an original 16, without making a single kill for itself, as it was its first action of the battle, but I lived with the mistake, and carried on.

There was a lot of micro management, especially with the arty, and the on map boss got quite loaded, especially near the end.

I thoroughly enjoyed it though, and will play the battle again once the new beta, is finished, and game stable, and accompany it with an AAR detailing my strategy, hopefully with a similar outcome.

That's the beauty of this game though. I could play the same way, and come out with a totally different outcome, due to just one mistake, or wrong move, bad luck, or just something the AI does different this particular time.

It's a great game Dave, thanks for making it [&o]
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Great job Daz!!! And I second the "great game Dave" as well.
con

Post by con »

Arghh must read you AAR when it comes out even with all factors (supply, reinforcements favoring Axis) the best I can do is marginal victory

Please Please Please if possible write this up in detail with plenty of shots of your brilliant plan.

Thanks
Con
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Managed to find time to play another scenario of Elsenborn Ridge.

It only took me 2 days this time, but I never did anywhere near the same kind of micro management I did in the last game.

I actually used regimental level attacks, quite a bit in this game, and although they where slow to kick of they did work very well.

Attachments
ElsenbornWin21.jpg
ElsenbornWin21.jpg (470.71 KiB) Viewed 116 times
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Attachments
ElsenbornWin22.jpg
ElsenbornWin22.jpg (601.69 KiB) Viewed 116 times
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »