MP penalty motorized units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Iota

MP penalty motorized units

Post by Iota »

Hi,

I mean to remember that there is an extra penalty when motorized units use (almost) all MP?

Cant find it in the manual.

Greetings
Balou

RE: MP penalty motorized units

Post by Balou »

Damage & fatigue ?
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Iota

Post by Iota »

Yes, something like extra damage & fatigue.

Detailed data or sources available?

Greetings
Balou

Post by Balou »

9.5.3. Vehicle Movement Attrition
A certain percentage of a unit’s organic vehicles will be destroyed and damaged during its side’s logistics phase based on the number of movement points the unit expended during the previous turn. If a unit expended 100 percent of its allowed (not base) movement points, 2 percent of the unit’s vehicles will be destroyed, and 18 percent will be damaged. Reduced expenditure will result in proportionally reduced destruction and damage. For example, if a unit only expended thirty percent of its MPs, .6 percent of its vehicles would be destroyed and 5.4 percent would be damaged. Movement attrition for a support unit’s organic vehicles will be based on the movement point expenditure of the unit to which it is attached.

“Aim towards enemy“.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Thanks Balou for manual reference. Important point is that degradation be arithmetically proportional to usage. If so, makes sense to me.
Balou

Post by Balou »

However, I still have to figure out whether damage is linked to MPs alone (which partially depends on terrain) or to MPs + terrain (extra penalty?) that my mob Divs had to travel thru.
“Aim towards enemy“.

Return to “The War Room”