? on fixing replacements

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Vic

The Red Baron

? on fixing replacements

Post by The Red Baron »

I'm currently playing a mod as the Axis where replacements for my AA SFTypes (20mm and 88mm Flak) arrive using the wrong people designation. They show up at OKH as "gfx only people: ersatz infantry". Since no subunits call for replacements using this people, they simply accumulate at OKH and losses to my AA SFTypes never receive replacements. It's obvious from the Ppl table in the editor that line 17 was clicked by mistake instead of line 16, but how do I fix this? SFTypes have no setting in the editor for Ppl (at least none that I can find), and when I check the Ppl setting in the editor for various predefined units which use Flak SFTypes (such as German artillery regiments), the setting is correct; i.e. it is set to Flak Troops. I'm stumped.
LiquidSky

RE: ? on fixing replacements

Post by LiquidSky »

It seems to me that equipment doesn't have a people. But when it is created as a reinforcement in the stringlists, it gets a people. In that way a PAK 37 (for example) can be assigned as a Wermacht, Rumanian, Hungarian, Italian, or SS depending on which formation is to receive it.

I would have to look again at the editor, but perhaps that is the source of your problem? In the reinforcement String List?
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Yes, I am looking at the editor, and I hit the String button (at the bottom of Setng, LT, Ppl, Hex, String).

It opens up various stringlists, one of which is German 1942 Reinforcements.

I see SFType, Base Chance, Base Reinf, Random Reinf, People, XP

So that tells me that type 9 (which is PzIIF), has a 37% chance to spawn 1 Strength point, with a random variation of 0 strength, assigned to people 1 (Werhmacht) with 20 XP.

So look for SFType (whatever) in the table..then move over to People and see if that number has to change.

I notice that the 20mm Flak and 88mm Flak are assigned to 1.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm..curiouser.

I notice that the German artillery regiment (for german infantry divisions) uses 20mm FLak...and wants people 17 (Flaktroops)

Ditto for the mot Flak regiment (and 88's)

A quick look at the His (Historical) unit shows that a German Artillery Regiment is People 1 (Werhmact)

In game...it shows the Flak troop picture.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm..for the 20mm FlaK...it has a reinforcement type of Light Flak.

I wonder....

I think that under Units..the people is set. The reinforcement people doesn't matter, since the unit wants 20mm Flak, it will take it. Then set the people to Flak Troops.

So check under Units...German Artillery Regiment, and German Mot Flak, and German Mot. Art Reg, and all the other units that could have a 20mm flak to make sure their people are okay.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

BINGO

I found in the reinforcement string list where it comes to OKH as FLak Troops.

IT goes by date. Ger May-Jun 42, Ger Jul-Aug 42. ETC.

Probably one of those is screwed up.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”