Recovering after a tough fight

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jorge_Stanbury

Recovering after a tough fight

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

I am assaulting Clark field Luzon, I am playing Japan, situation is Allies are trapped in Bataan/ Clark Field.
Most of my troops are also in Clark Field, they are fatigued, and some had suffered heavy casualties (both disabled and destroyed deviced) after an unsuccesful deliberate attack.

Having captured everything else in Luzon, I am not in a hurry to capture Clark or Battan, my questions are :
how can I recover fatigue/ disabled troops? would they recover under daily bombardment? how long would it take to recover fatigue under these conditions? (just an estimate... 2 weeks? 3 weeks?)
should I move them out of Clark until fully recovered? maybe moving one unit at a time so to keep pressure on Allies?

thanks

Sardaukar

RE: Recovering after a tough fight

Post by Sardaukar »

You can rotate them in Rest-mode. Just be sure you have enough Assault Value in units with Combat mode to contain possible counter attacks. Rest-mode is generally best and fastest way to recover.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I believe having ample Support in the hex helps as well.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I believe having ample Support in the hex helps as well.

I do beleive inspiration and admin level of leaders help here also ?
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

All of the above.

Rotate them into and out of Manila, which is malarial-free for prolonged R&R. If your Army HQ should be stationed at Manila-they can take advantage of their ability to support / rebuild LCUs here in a non-malarial hex, but they're off the front lines of Bataan. Yet, they're only 1 hex from Bataan, so their preparation is still useful.
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Remember that in order to take on replacements, you must be at a base wit 2x required supplies.

Being in an area with numerous bases in the the immediate area that are well supplied, will allow you to draw reinforcements even faster.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

thanks a lot, I will build a well equiped "comfort station" [X(] in Manila

what I am also planning to do is to put the bombers at very high altitude + 30% to 40% rest so to avoid flak losses; will see how this goes
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

It's easy to get stuck on Clark; this is why I favor bypassing it in the first place, and moving on to other targets. Starve it out and come back for it later.

Return to “The War Room”