HQ Units

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

HerzKaraya

HQ Units

Post by HerzKaraya »

I started the Trappenjagd Campaign as Axis and have checked the documentation to see what new units I may expect.
There are many Divisions on the list but I don´t see a single Corps or Army HQ, neither German nor Rumanian/Italian/Hungarian.

Just taking the start of the Case Blue regular campaign, I will soon miss
RUM MNT CORPS
XI CORPS
IIL PX CORPS
XIII CORPS
XXIV CORPS
ITA II CORPS
XXXX PZ CORPS
LVII PZ CORPS
VII CORPS
HUN VII CORPS

HUN 2nd ARMY
ITA 8th ARMY
4th PZ ARMEE

And in the future at least 3rd and 4th RUM ARMy.

Do they appear by themselves? Do I have to build them - Staff units seem too low by far for that?!

Thanks for any advice.
Vista, suerte y al toro!
Bonners

RE: HQ Units

Post by Bonners »

Yes you have to build them. You'll get a steady but slow stream of minor allies staff to populate them with, similar for German staff. For the German staff you can also play a replacement card which will give you extra staff.
HerzKaraya

RE: HQ Units

Post by HerzKaraya »

Thanks Bonners, it´s just a pity to play that precious PP on Staff cards!

If the Divisions come for free.... so should the HQ, don´t you agree? Or at least a HQ cadre.

Vista, suerte y al toro!

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”