Incorrect Victory points?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wdkruger

Incorrect Victory points?

Post by wdkruger »

At the end of this scenario the AAR screen says i have 29 victory points. However, if you add up the ones on the side screen it should be 35.8. Not sure what is wrong here.

Warren

Attachments
victoryp..problem.jpg
victoryp..problem.jpg (813.33 KiB) Viewed 47 times
wodin

RE: Incorrect Victory points?

Post by wodin »

No you didn't fill up the bars...which meant you didn't occupy it a the right time for long enough. Harspel for instance you only got 1.8 points out of five. Those objectives you took are all occupation ones not completion ones.
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

No, the secured and partially completed objectives total to 53, but you don't have full points for most objectives.

The one you have highlighted is 1.8 points, out of a possible 5.0
Looks like another 2, a 4, 15 and 'about 6-8'

The sum of individual totals from these guesses would be 29-31... but with the actual numbers I'd think it would sum at just under the cutoff for 29... Whether this is 28.49 or 28.99 I can't say, but I don't think I've ever seen bad maths here.
wodin

Post by wodin »

hmmm..I think Lieste agrees with me.
wdkruger

Post by wdkruger »

The actual point counts for each objective are: 6.5+10 for the two bridges, 4.6, 3.1, and 1.8 for the three towns, and 9.8 for the kills. Now if the kills are included the total should be 35.8, if not then it should be 26. I assumed that kills count, but maybe I am incorrect on this. Still I have no idea how the computer gets 29.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Send me a save please and I'll look into it.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
wdkruger

Post by wdkruger »

ok,just sent.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Missed the kill tally..whoops..something might be wrong.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Got it. Thanks.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Command Ops Series”