Bird War Two, Emu Against The Chicken (No poultry Allowed).

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

This will be the Story of the epic struggle between Me; Divepac who is commanding the Allied Coalition, and Chickenboy who will be commanding the Japanese Empire. We will be playing the Hakko Ichiu scenario 2 to give the Chicken a chance of surviving the first year [:D], and under the latest official 1.06.1108r9 patch.

Edit: Forgot the HR's, of which we only have one - PPs have to be paid to release units from restricted commands.
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
DOCUP

RE: Bird War Two, Emu Against The Chicken (No poultry Allowed).

Post by DOCUP »

Welcome back and good luck.
sprior

Post by sprior »

I hope there will be lots of fowl play.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

MAurelius

Post by MAurelius »

pity it's not wallabies vs all blacks :P
formerly known as SoliInvictus202
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Great to see a match against two stalwart, veteran forum members.  Good luck!
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Good luck! [:)]
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Excellent! Question - Will you be commanding the Amis and DivePac the Commonwealth, or what is your division of labor if not that?
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You have to play under at least 1120c beta!
Everyone wants to see effect of new AA routine!
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

DOCUP- Thanks mate, it’s good to be back on deck.

Sprior- Hi there old-chap, I plan to stir-up the hen house from time to time.

MAurelius- good to see you back Roland (If he was a wallaby, he wouldn't have a chance).

Canoerebel- I’ll finally be able to use some of your evil Allied tactics Canoe old boy, instead of having them used against me.

Witpqs- Thanks mate, I think I’ll need all I can get against this veteran chicken.

Cribtop- The genus Divepac will be in command of all and everything, with advice from his Chinese made toaster.

Inqistor- Yeeeeeeeeees... AAA is not effective against emus, as they are flightless.
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

As most people know, I normally play as the Japanese, but this time I felt like a change. So it’s my turn to get beat-up first, and then to do the beating-up later in the game (hopefully). But I think that playing the Japanese all these years, as taught me exactly the strategies needed to frustrate the chicken early in the game. Well that's the plan anyway, and as most of you guys know, most plans don’t take the opponents actions into account.

The general strategy at the start; will be building a line in the sand to stop the chickens forward momentum. Now, the trick I think is the sitting of this line along with the timing. Too far forward, and he’s going to roll right on over you. Too far back, I’ll be giving him his gains too easily and making my later offensives more difficult. Then there is supply and fuel, with fuel supplies for the South Pacific and the Australian area being a priority.

So my plan is to start from Pearl Harbor, and the US West Coast with system of base build-up and base building from scratch. Starting with Midway, Johnston, the Line Islands, Canton, and Pago Pago (Fleet support base) from the start. Then on to Fiji and Nouveau, as major forward defensive bases for the time being. I will build-up Auckland as the main logistics base for the South Pacific, stockpiling fuel and supplies.

The Reason I don’t want to use Sydney or Brisbane for the main Logistics base; is in my limited experience of fuel supplies to Australia, is that they seem to disappear overtime. This is even though I plan to turn of all the heavy industry in Australia. But I do intend to stockpile fuel on Perth, shipped from Cape town and the Middle East. This fuel I will then transship to the rest of Australia and DEI as need.

As for Basing in the Australian area; I would like to hold on to Port Moresby and Darwin, but won’t lose any sleep if I lose either or both of them. As for the rest of Australia; any of the coastal ports have the potential as major bases, and there are many towns easily built-up into major airfields. I also feel that any Japanese move onto the Australian mainland, would be the beginning of the end for them.

I'll just summarize the rest quickly; the Philippines, DEI, Malaya, and Burma are indefensible with the resources the Japanese player has in Scenario 2. But I have to delay and disrupt him with the forces available in those areas, as I am not going to commit any of my scares reinforcements to certain death. Time is what I need to build-up my line in the sand, and this is wear I get it. So stockpile supplies and build forts to holdout as long as I can, tip and run with naval forces to get up the Chickens noise is the Plan.

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Hi DivePac88. Good to see you on the side of goodness and light this round.

With the last patch changes enabling stockpiling at your bases, I don't see how your fuel drop in Sydney/Brisbane would melt away if you set that switch.
OTOH, the Japanese seem to operate with impunity all around Oz in the first six months so stocking your fuel elsewhere is wise. Perhaps put some at an intermediate island - like a Christmas stocking![:'(]

Any thoughts on whether to defend Singers fiercely or try to evac the troops?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Haha, I am stoopid. I misread the title as "Two Emus Against the Chicken," assumed it was a team game, then asked you how you were planning to divide your own command with yourself.

I'd like to blame inebriation, but it's Tuesday and I'm sober as the Mother Superior! [:D]
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Hi BB old chap, I must admit it does feel good to be Allied player, must be the Kiwi coming though in me. [;)]

I know about the stockpiling mechanics quite well, and will store some fuel on Sydney/Brisbane. But will go with Auckland for now, with a halfway station in the Pacific, maybe on Pago Pago or even Tahiti.

This is Scenario 2 and having played it as the Japanese a few times, I know Singapore is gone. I might pull one of the RAF HQs out, but that will be it. I would love to get the Aussie brigades out, but that would weaken Singapore too much and it would full too early.

Singapore while it holds out, restricts the Japanese advances into Java proper and Northern Burma. Mainly because it ties up the extra formations he needs in both areas, and blocks his access to the Straits of Malacca. So to give it up too early, far outweighs any advantage gained from the units pulled out.
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

Haha, I am stoopid. I misread the title as "Two Emus Against the Chicken," assumed it was a team game, then asked you how you were planning to divide your own command with yourself.

I'd like to blame inebriation, but it's Tuesday and I'm sober as the Mother Superior! [:D]

HA HAA!

Attachments
th_pointinglolsmilie.gif
th_pointinglolsmilie.gif (14.62 KiB) Viewed 225 times
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Also before I forget, I would appreciate any advise or comments on my strategies and tactics. Whether it be good or bad, flattering or insulting, as I am definitely going to need it. Also I don't mind if it is coming from a longtime poster, or a newbie. As in my opinion; anyone who plays this game for five minutes or more, has something of value to add.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Hi Des, [:)]

Glad you have decided to come visit the Allied side. For bases to develop I like Christmas Island (Line Islands) and Vava'u as bases on the way to Aukland. Vava'u has the largest potential port (size 6) outside of Aukland. If you hold Suva and Pago Pago, then it makes it very difficult to get to Vava'u by KB without being seen by PBYs.

Speaking of PBYs, I move them out of the USA (except for two) to Pearl and beyond via Seattle, Dutch Harbor, and Midway. PBYs go to Midway, Pearl, Johnson, Canton, one may go to either Palmyra or Christmas, Pago Pago, Suva, the one base at northern tip of North Island NZ (You know the name [;)]), two to east side of Australia (look for KB to come down to hit your ports - Sydney and/or Melbourne), and one over near Perth. I send the two PBYs from Luzon to India. One at Diamond Harbor and one at Colombo. The British and CW come with only 6 planes per air group.

18 planes Kingfisher air groups come in at LA area. I train them up in Air and then Sweep at 100' to give me some USN fighter pilots. You don't have any other way except via your CVs.

I ALWAYS place a 18 plane Marine fighter group on my 5 American CVs. [:D] This will give you 45 fighters per CV and once the F4F-4 fighter comes out along with the old F4F, you have a good force to take on part of KB (anything less than all 6 CVs). Add in a CV TF with the Brit and have Force Z as a SC TF and you have a nice force to hit back with by April/May 42.

See my early post in my AAR or drop me an e-mail and I'll give you info on how I run my Allied logistics.

Hope your health has improved since our brief PBEM game.
Michael
[center]Image[/center]
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Hi Michael,

Good to hear from you again, and I hope you're gaming is going well. I am still real sorry about our short game, because I think that in my eagerness to play this beautiful game again. I started a Pbem campaign too early in my recovery, and selfishly messed you around I'm afraid.

I like you're idea about using Vava'u for fuel trans-storage, it is perfectly placed and would not attract the same enemy interference as Pago Pago. I had planned to build a small presents on Christmas Is, as I fallback for Canton.

I will also place my PBY's in a similar fashion to you're, and that is an excellent idea for training USN fighter pilots with Kingfishers.

I have been working-up ideas on my carrier air-groups, as in the past I had configured Japanese groups for different mission profiles. I had also considered using USMC Divebombing units along with fighters, but was going to wait for the 4th carrier for training them.

Cheers Des.

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Des,

Checking In.  Sorry to see that you have gone over to the "dark side".  [;)]  Even so, I will be in the corner kibitzing.  [8D]
Pax
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88
... I had planned to build a small presents on Christmas Is, as I fallback for Canton.
[:D] Good one!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Des,

Checking In.  Sorry to see that you have gone over to the "dark side".  [;)]  Even so, I will be in the corner kibitzing.  [8D]

Hi there Pax, good to hear you mate, and excellent to have you're experience on-board. I'm sorry to have deserted the empire, but I needed to feel the grass on the other side. [;)]

Return to “After Action Reports”