Can someone explain

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Bismarck2761

Can someone explain

Post by Bismarck2761 »

1. Precisely what the white and red boxed numbers mean in the combat results display? Manual didn't seem to elucidate. I know it is retreated/eliminated, but what is significance of when numbers next to each other, etc.

2. Does the unit's "health" bar (green when high; red when low) reflect integrity?

3. If there is any reason you cannot put a unit in the Corps if the HQ is far away (e.g., Romanians on coast watch).

Thanks in advance.
LiquidSky

RE: Can someone explain

Post by LiquidSky »

1) A unit in Red is a dead unit during combat. If the unit is in white, it has been suppressed, and will no longer participate in hurting the enemy, but can still be taken as losses. If the whole unit is panicked, the attacker will get a bonus in shooting at it, so more of them will die.

2) Integrity is the health bar. It essentially just shows how much of the unit is left from full strength.

3) You can put any unit into any HQ wherever you want. However, if they are in combat, they will get the HQ bonus if they are with 5 hexes of it. If the unit is not going to fight (like your Romanians on Coast watch) then it doesn't matter where the HQ is (if/until the enemy lands near them)
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”