Version 1.04

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

comsolut

Version 1.04

Post by comsolut »

According to the Unity of Command Website the game must be patched to version 1.04 before installing the new expansion.

As I purchased the original game through Matrix I was informed to request that patch so I can update and install the expansion.

Thanks.
Wolfe1759

RE: Version 1.04

Post by Wolfe1759 »

If you want it before the new year you will probably need to send a request to 2x2 the developers as apparently Matrix won't have the patch or the new DLC until then.

Have a look here tm.asp?m=3230312
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
comsolut

Post by comsolut »

Thank you for your response. I understand the alternative.

However, I and I don't take this lightly as I have over 20 Matrix titles, but this is very poor customer support. If you want to be a second hand retailer of other products, you need to support them. From this point forward, rather than support Matrix I will deal directly with the orginator of the product. I assume there was some financial benefit to my buying the product through Matrix and I wished to support Matrix, but no longer. I will continue to purchase Matrix developed products but not products developed by other companies.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

ORIGINAL: comsolut

Thank you for your response. I understand the alternative.

However, I and I don't take this lightly as I have over 20 Matrix titles, but this is very poor customer support. If you want to be a second hand retailer of other products, you need to support them. From this point forward, rather than support Matrix I will deal directly with the orginator of the product. I assume there was some financial benefit to my buying the product through Matrix and I wished to support Matrix, but no longer. I will continue to purchase Matrix developed products but not products developed by other companies.

20+ Matrix games here as well and I agree totally.

Also here in the UK Matrix's pricing structure is less than competitive.

For instance I could buy UoC from AGEOD (now part of the Matrix/Slitherine group) for £10.29, if I want to buy it through Matrix I'll be charged £16.79 that is just short of 70% more than through AGEOD. Unfortunately this isn't an isolated example.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Amazing that Matrix staff have not responded about the Patch which was released Dec. 10/2012.... The track record for the company is not going the right direction for DLC/Patches for some of the other companies they distribute for....
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Amazing that Matrix staff have not responded about the Patch which was released Dec. 10/2012.... The track record for the company is not going the right direction for DLC/Patches for some of the other companies they distribute for....

I was wondering the same thing myself. I got the patch emailed to from 2x2 Games in about 10 minutes. And the extra scenario's for AJE are still not available from Matrix??
Tony

Return to “Unity of Command Series”