VP question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

VP question

Post by Chris21wen »

What happens to VP if a unit to be withdrawn etc is destroyed prior to its withdrawal. I.e. As a Kamikaze unit, ship sunk etc. I would assume they was no loss in VP for not it have been awarded for its detruction.
Alfred

RE: VP question

Post by Alfred »

Correct.

No VPs are lost if a ship or air unit scheduled for withdrawal is destroyed before the withdrawal date. But the unit must be destroyed, not otherwise unavailable. For example if you place an air unit which is secheduled for future withdrawal on an aircraft carrier and you withdraw the CV with the unit still onboard, you will lose VPs even though you can't access the CV.

This is why players often receive advice to sortie their too heavily damaged ships to be withdrawn on a kamikaze mission.

Alfred
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Correct.

No VPs are lost if a ship or air unit scheduled for withdrawal is destroyed before the withdrawal date. But the unit must be destroyed, not otherwise unavailable. For example if you place an air unit which is secheduled for future withdrawal on an aircraft carrier and you withdraw the CV with the unit still onboard, you will lose VPs even though you can't access the CV.

This is why players often receive advice to sortie their too heavily damaged ships to be withdrawn on a kamikaze mission.

Alfred

Thanks
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Alfred, on a related note, if you have an air unit scheduled to be withdrawn in say, Sept '42 and you disband it in Aug '42 while choosing the option to have it reappear in 120 days time (because you got distracted by your dog eating your latest history book) does the unit indeed come back in 120 days as was first intended, and if so, do you start loosing VPs upon its return OR do you start loosing points from the Sept date? Or do you loose any points at all? I've not actually made that mistake, but I've often wondered what the program does.... Thanks in advance. Hal
msieving1

Post by msieving1 »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Alfred, on a related note, if you have an air unit scheduled to be withdrawn in say, Sept '42 and you disband it in Aug '42 while choosing the option to have it reappear in 120 days time (because you got distracted by your dog eating your latest history book) does the unit indeed come back in 120 days as was first intended, and if so, do you start loosing VPs upon its return OR do you start loosing points from the Sept date? Or do you loose any points at all? I've not actually made that mistake, but I've often wondered what the program does.... Thanks in advance. Hal

When I've done that, I started losing VP when the unit returned.
-- Mark Sieving

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”