Multi-story Buildings

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Gerry4321

Multi-story Buildings

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello:

If we are to have "proper" urban fighting like Stalingrad, etc. we need multi-story buildings. Right now I have seen some of these buildings in AARs but I don't think units can use the upper floors? Without that any urban fight is lacking key tactical elements. Wondering if SOS will change this?

Thanks,

Gerry
tyrion22

RE: Multi-story Buildings

Post by tyrion22 »

There's no rules for this in the board game, so I would guess not. Anyway, I don't think the scale is appropriate for this kind of detail, and there are no city maps anyway.
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Yes, I do not think that we are going to see too much that is not dealt with in the board game version.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Uwe has talked about ideas for a Stalingrad version that might add something like this, FWIW.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

One of the challenges would be how to display the counters in a multi-level multi-hex building. But this is a problem for all tactical games. I found it difficult in CMx2 to see which level in which room the units were in. LOS would be easy to calculate as people are already doing that in the boardgame with hills and the computer can easily do LOS for us.

Gerry

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”