Mouse Problem

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Twotribes

Mouse Problem

Post by Twotribes »

I have windows 7 home. I use a logitech wireless mouse.

All my Matrix games have the same problem.

While in the game and clicking the mouse several things can happen. One the matrix box that starts the game will appear. two the desktop will flicker in place of the game. Three the game will shut and I will be back on the desktop.

Once again this happens ONLY on Matrix games and happens on all of them. The faster you click the more likely it is to happen.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
planner 3

RE: Mouse Problem

Post by planner 3 »

I also use a Logitech Wireless Mouse (mice) with both XP and win7 machines and no problem with 5 versions of SPwaw, is your very old? Have you adjusted your click speed in the mouse setup ?
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The speed isn't a problem it is a problem of clicking the action of clicking somehow causes the desktop to appear. If I click ery slowly it generally won't happen the problem is that is making everything go slow when you are messing with a major HQs in ATG and trying to make units.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Josh

Post by Josh »

"...The faster you click the more likely it is to happen..."

which makes me think it has to do with the Logitech mouse menu, not the drivers itself but you might have activated some things in that menu that don't work well with Matrix games. Open that menu, easily accessible via the taskbar, and de-select just about everything; so no mouse acceleration, no mouse trail, just basic mouse controls. See if the problem is solved, then select any mouse options you really want *one* at a time.

/edit. In the menu there's also the option to assign a task to double clicking, so if you double-click with your mouse a task can be assigned, like "open new window" or "zoom' or whatever... maybe that's the problem?
DJflamethrower

Post by DJflamethrower »

This doesn't seem like a mouse issue. Seems more like an issue with how matrix games and windows are interacting. Are you using 64 bit or 32 bit?
DJflamethrower

Post by DJflamethrower »

what processor are you using?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: DJflamethrower

This doesn't seem like a mouse issue. Seems more like an issue with how matrix games and windows are interacting.
Not all Matrix games interact with Windows the same way. They have quite different requirements. They aren't made by the same team of developers. The only thing they have in common is the Matrix launcher and the Matrix installer.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”