Small Battles

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

DEB

Small Battles

Post by DEB »

I note from the Manual that under Detailed battles, "Small" Battles will be done as Quick Battles unless the "Use Detailed Battles Only" option is checked. Fine, but what qualifies a battle as "Small" here ?
Elsewhere a "Small" battle is defined as having less than 10k (?) casualties when it appears as such on the Battles listing under the "Overview Advisor". A search of the Forums does not provide any information.

Todate, after some testing :

1. A battle with both sides having > 12k each , but < 13k each ( I did not note the exact amounts - total
between 24k and 26k ), played as a Quick battle.

2. A battle where the largest side was 13.8k and the smallest 11.8k ( total 25.6k ) resulted in a Detailed
Battle.

This suggusts the break point here is around 25k total troops. Can anyone confirm this or provide the correct details if I am wrong ?

Thanks.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”