Norton blocks the game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
U2

Norton blocks the game

Post by U2 »

It does not even put it in quaratine so I can't follow the guide posted to fix this problem. It removes it without giving me the option to restore.

Help please.
viperdave

RE: Norton blocks the game

Post by viperdave »

I have found this situation with norton antivirus. Norton does not like matrix games downloads ( usually to few downloads-- i dont know why matrix does not fix the problem with their website authentication with norton but thats another issue). Anyways this happens about 75 perecent of the games i download from matrix games. I have sent messages to matrix and the only solution i found that works. I know this is going to sound crazy, but i have to turn OFF NORTON program and download the game then turn ON Norton program run my antivirus and hope my computer did not get hack. So far its worked, at least i think it has, i have not seen any money disapear from my bank accounts yet. I really did not like turning my antivirus off but i finnaly gave in and did. Its a choice you have to make.
dave
U2

Post by U2 »

Thanks. I have turned off the downloader safety and hope that works. If not I'll have to turn the entire Norton off just like you said.

This is my second Matrix game in a row to have this problem and I'm getting very tired of it. Last time Norton fixed it for me.

Fix it Matrix?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi U2 - the issue is Norton and it is well known. They decide what to block and what not to block. We have absolutely no control over it.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
berndn

Post by berndn »

It would help if you would sign the binaries and this would also helps to ensure that the download isn't corrupt Ian.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thats is on our wish list but we haven't had time to do that yet. It might help but wont solve the problems :(
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Tech Support”