latest patch?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

vinnie71

latest patch?

Post by vinnie71 »

So I'm back playing the game after a long hiatus due to RL issues...

I've downloaded a patch (forgot where I found it - but it was while going through the forum) but there seems to be a problem with the availability of pilots, especially from the replacement pool (the Chinese and Philippinos seem to be the most hard hit). Can someone please indicate where I can find the latest patch or upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

BTW I'm playing Da Babes
Oberst_Klink

RE: latest patch?

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Then latest un-official patch can be found here:

tm.asp?m=3185062

Updated Scenario and AI files for the latest unßofficila patch:

tm.asp?m=3198064

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

But remember that this is an unofficial beta. Any email games you play your opponent would need to have the same beta.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
vinnie71

Post by vinnie71 »

Thanks guys

No worry. Unfortunately, I only play against the AI since I can't guarantee to any opponent that I would send turns at regular intervals due to work [:(]

Still when I tried the patch, I couldn't get it 'extended' (sorry don't know the techie jargon) on the whole wide sreen. The game only opens in a window half the size of the screen. Maybe I have to fiddle with it again

Thanks again gents! 
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I would personally not upgrade to the latest beta. Lots and lots of heartache the two times we did. [:(]
Reg

Post by Reg »

ORIGINAL: Offworlder

Still when I tried the patch, I couldn't get it 'extended' (sorry don't know the techie jargon) on the whole wide sreen. The game only opens in a window half the size of the screen. Maybe I have to fiddle with it again

Check out the numerous threads in the Tech Support folder on how to activate widescreen support.

Best of luck,
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

I would personally not upgrade to the latest beta. Lots and lots of heartache the two times we did. [:(]
What were the outstanding problems?
-the perceived air co-ordination prob (I've tested and can't see it)
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Current beta seems quite stable to me.   Yes, there were some issues that came up and testing, but I think everything resolved with current version (120)
Pax
koniu

Post by koniu »

Docup and I are playing under 19h from few turns and so far it looks OK.
We have few problems like ordnance change for bombers or rebuilding units but now everything is ok. Also air coordination looks no different from r9 for me.

And new staff added by patch. Incredible. I especially like fix for enemy base Intel. Air war is different for Japanese player after allies lost extra intel.

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: n01487477
the perceived air co-ordination prob (I've tested and can't see it)

Just because you can´t see it doesn´t mean its not there or appear for others? There have been reports of the problem persisting even after michaelm corrected the problems introduced in one of earlier versions of the BETA.

Since this is exactly what happened when we first reported the issue (some get it and some don´t) I will assume the problem remains for some until I hear them report its gone.

I´ve reported that something is not correct with the AS value in bases with a size 8 or 9 airfield. They should double the AS value but that does not show (it did in earlier versions). Could just be a display error but I have not received any response so I don´t know. If its not working (not a display error) its a pretty big deal.

This was reported under the "g" version of the BETA and I don´t see any fixes to that listed in later versions.

EDIT:
The AS issue was indeed a display issue and have been sorted by michaelm.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”