Work on mods?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Vic

wodin

Work on mods?

Post by wodin »

Has all the work come to a standstill?

If so it would be a shame as I was getting excited at the work that was being done.

I presume the ritterkreig mod isn't worth using as it's unplayable at the moment?

I liked the fact the Pzr units where being split into battalions etc.

So if I get the game what mods can be used? I want the units showing the correct NATO symbols etc if possible.

Also would it be possible to mod the game to coy level and create smaller scenarios like the attack on Stalingrad itself.Well parts of it anyway. Thanks.
LiquidSky

RE: Work on mods?

Post by LiquidSky »

Actually, I believe that given the way the game engine works, it is really bad to split up the panzers into smaller units.

The problem is, when your integrity is low (ie: you have taken casualties), there is a chance for a unit to break, so the smaller the unit, the faster it will break. I see the Russian tank units attached to the tank corps breaking all the time, and my little tank units attached to the German motorized units also keep breaking. I am not complaining, the tanks are great at attacking/counterattacking, its just they are fragile to defend with.

I will probably dive in and make some modifications myself, but it will be mostly to the event code. New cards, that sort of thing. I want to finish the Trappen Campaign I am in first, though, so I can see the effect of bad weather. And maybe play one more game now that I am wiser to some game mechanics.

The graphics from the ritterkreig mod are still useful, though, if not his scenario.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I am on hold because I was unable to create new scenarios - I lack the event code skills. The real incentive fr modding is that there are lots of new campaigns in the pipeline.

When the big patch comes out with the enhanced Editor, I will probably come back here.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
jonny211

Post by jonny211 »

I was wondering if the engine could be used to create a North Africa/Med scenario at all, what with a mix of naval and land battles would the ai be able to handle moving units by sea?
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: jonny211

I was wondering if the engine could be used to create a North Africa/Med scenario at all, what with a mix of naval and land battles would the ai be able to handle moving units by sea?

"All in favor of more modes then show you nickers.

I agree with wodin that all came to a standstill. What happened, did the earth stop spinning?????
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

As I said above - the event engine is HARD. Don't expect many new scenarios until that is fixed. Most modders want to mod for games that have a lot of life in them and until new scenarios start coming along, the motivation to mod is not really there.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Its funny, I find the event code easy to write, but am holding off making a Barbarossa scenario until I finish my pbem game...and probably one more after it to better understand the system.

Some events I am thinking of...

Random Russian movement/attacks in early war.
Cards to build bridges anywhere (to limit and add cost)
Triggered Russian reinforcements.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Vic

Post by Vic »

It would actually be ideal if somebody who likes making maps and doing the data-entry research would team up with somebody who understands writing events.
Such a team could do really a lot.

I am close to finishing the next patch for Advanced Tactics Gold (have to support that game as well) and am getting enthousiastic about setting up the new intermediate editor. Basically i am going to go for the real basics at the start and if that works I will expend with allowing the player to add more stuff. So do not expect it to make scenarios of the complexity of Case Blue at start. :)

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Quick question, how do you set the arrival turn for a unit, ie it should be available as a reinforcement.

I am workin on a new scenario (for WTP), the map and most of the German units are done.
It will cover the invasion of Norway and Denmark, Operation Weserubung.
Setting up the events will surely be the greatest challenge for me.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Erik Nygaard

Quick question, how do you set the arrival turn for a unit, ie it should be available as a reinforcement.

I am workin on a new scenario (for WTP), the map and most of the German units are done.
It will cover the invasion of Norway and Denmark, Operation Weserubung.
Setting up the events will surely be the greatest challenge for me.

In WTP the arrival of reinforcement units are scripted through events. Check out the sealion scenario to see how it handles it.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

It would actually be ideal if somebody who likes making maps and doing the data-entry research would team up with somebody who understands writing events.
Such a team could do really a lot.

I am close to finishing the next patch for Advanced Tactics Gold (have to support that game as well) and am getting enthousiastic about setting up the new intermediate editor. Basically i am going to go for the real basics at the start and if that works I will expend with allowing the player to add more stuff. So do not expect it to make scenarios of the complexity of Case Blue at start. :)

best,
Vic

I did try to find a partner for this, but it didn't work out...

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”