Cargo & Tanker TFs???

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ctangus

Cargo & Tanker TFs???

Post by ctangus »

I'm dusting off my WITP cobwebs & still learning AE.

Is there any functional difference between a generic transport TF & cargo or tanker TFs? I can see how they might help for organizational purposes but otherwise they seem to work the same as the generic transport TF. Do the latter unload quicker or some other advantage?

For that matter how much does it matter to assign a ship to a command HQ? Again I can see it might help with organization but beyond that I don't see any operational advantage.

Thanks in advance.
Sardaukar

RE: Cargo & Tanker TFs???

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: ctangus

I'm dusting off my WITP cobwebs & still learning AE.

Is there any functional difference between a generic transport TF & cargo or tanker TFs? I can see how they might help for organizational purposes but otherwise they seem to work the same as the generic transport TF. Do the latter unload quicker or some other advantage?

For that matter how much does it matter to assign a ship to a command HQ? Again I can see it might help with organization but beyond that I don't see any operational advantage.

Thanks in advance.

There are some slight differences what sort of ships you can add to which TF and what they can load. But they are mainly minor.

HQs do not matter to TFs or ships at all.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

ctangus

Post by ctangus »

Thanks!
rms1pa

Post by rms1pa »

umm not quite correct, the headquarters command of the TF or ship
will affect where the ship or TF will retreat to if their mission is interrupted by combat or the mission becoming impossible.

rms/pa
there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

ORIGINAL: rms1pa

umm not quite correct, the headquarters command of the TF or ship
will affect where the ship or TF will retreat to if their mission is interrupted by combat or the mission becoming impossible.

rms/pa

The set homeport matters, not the HQ
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
rms1pa

Post by rms1pa »

well i have had intercepted convoys divert to karachi and calcutta rather than their home port.

rms/pa
there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.
btbw

Post by btbw »

Bad difference between cargo and tanker TF - tanker TF have leader from TANKERS! PB/SC/E leaders dont counted fo that TFs so thay have VERY LOW naval skill/initiative.

Return to “The War Room”