Losses @ EOT & AP trick

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

swkuh

Losses @ EOT & AP trick

Post by swkuh »

Have noticed that turn by turn losses do not add up to summed losses, and that Sov losses by turn seem to be erratically reported (more than FOW might imply.)

What's up, a bug or misunderstanding?

When changing HQ assignments, can save some APs by going to OKH 1st, then to desired HQ. Usually saves 2-3 APs. Again, what's up?

(Only play Axis vs. AI.)
Peltonx

RE: Losses @ EOT & AP trick

Post by Peltonx »

I beleive these issues have been explianed by 2by3. I even agreed with them, can't remember the answers they gave, sorry.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
pompack

Post by pompack »

I'm with Pelton here [:)]; I know it's not much help but it is working as designed.

While I really don't remember the details, I believe it has to do with the nature of short-tem losses.

"total" "men" does equal "total" "men killed", "men captured", "men disabled" but the meanings of these terms is not necessarily what you think may think

IIRC, leaving aside prisoners, there are three types of losses:

1. Slightly wounded: Lightly wounded who are held on unit's rolls awaiting recovery; these are NOT reported as losses in the "total" but do show up in "recent battle" and (I think) "current turn" totals. About 80% recover and are returned to combat eventually, decreasing loss totals; about 20% become "disabled" and show up in totals when that status changes

2. Disabled: show up in current and total loss tables but are returned to duty at a rate of about 10% per week. When they return totals are reduced to reflect return to duty

3. Killed: Never return but totals MAY change (I think), see below

A. While my memory here is worse than usual, I seem to remember that some "disabled" may die which reduces the disabled total and adds to the dead total.

Now details here are all from memory, but I am certain that the totals do not track the way you expect because of the way slightly wounded are handled and the way that "disabled" are returned to duty or (perhaps) die
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Hiwi are extracted from (new) captured every turn, so divide by 0.92 to get real captured number.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Well thanks all for the memory work...

Since I continue to play & enjoy the game, I obviously accept the calcs. Still, its a little hard to read a number under "permanent losses" by turn and not see it add to "permanent losses" cumulative. Must be some sort of captioning, reporting problem that could be better handled.

Still hoping for similar advice on the HQ switching trick that exploits OKH opportunity to conserve APs. I'll have to research the manuals to understand better the rules for assigning costs to HQ changes.

Sometimes this game appears over-designed. Sorry, Gary!

Return to “Tech Support”