Elemental: Fallen Enchantress

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

balto

Elemental: Fallen Enchantress

Post by balto »

While still waiting for Commander - The Great War, I figured I would goof around with this awhile. It comes out October 24.

It seems to be a mix of Civ 4, Civ 5, and Warlock Masters of the Arcane.

Obviously these are low-brain games, but for those that like to take a break from heavy thinking - here you go.

I checked You tube and what is up there is not well done, but it gives you sort of an idea of what is up.
wodin

RE: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress

Post by wodin »

After the fiasco with the first game I hear this one still has issues..mainly people say all the parts of the game struggle to come together in a coherent form and it just isn't that fun to play.
balto

Post by balto »

I did not know that. Give me a week or so after the release date and I will post back if anything crazy happens and I will check out the Stardock Forums.
Terl

Post by Terl »

I will say Stardock was pretty cool. I ordered the first game (pre-ordered in fact) and while it was not so good I was pleasantly surprised when they emailed me and admitted as much and gave me a copy of the new one. I have been playing with the beta for a while and it is much better than the first.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Having bought Elemental WOM Deluxe Edition (I've got a big box and a nice pewter dragon!) I have FE for free.

As of the latest (i.e. in the last 24 hours) beta patch it is looking good but will still need a bit of polishing. So by next weeks release it is going to be a good game at least to the standard and probably beyond most day one releases but still with improvements to come.

Wait and see is probably a good attitude, as with any new game releases but it is as stands a good game and worth buying on release or in the near future.

P.S. Warlock is one of my guilty secrets, I know its not a "proper wargame" but it is rather fun, particularly playing as the Monsters and hearing the Goblin Archers "release, aim" command.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
radic202

Post by radic202 »

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

Having bought Elemental WOM Deluxe Edition (I've got a big box and a nice pewter dragon!) I have FE for free.

Same thing for me!!!

I will say that I enjoy this so much better than the First one, actually I have been plying it free and will get to keep it for free..................I am so much enjoying this game that I have even "benched" XCom:enemy unknown for a little while to play some fantasy based Strategy instead.

One thing for sure though is that Stardock does listen and especially care about it's paying customers just like Matrix\Slitherine does, they felt so bad that Elemental was so crappy and buggy when it first came out that all owners of the boxed copy got this new version for free plus have had access to the beta since the very early beginnings.

Don;t discount this game too early from some who may still have a grudge against Stardock, for now I think they have come a long way fixing the game and actually listening to the input of their gaming community.

BTW: my little dragon pewter figurine looks down at me when I play every game I own!
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
radic202

Post by radic202 »

Here are some images of the game:

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
hadberz

Post by hadberz »

This version of Elemental is pretty good. I been playing the beta off and on since the beta was released, so far each version is better then the older one. I am very much looking forward to the single player campaign.
AMD 5800X 8 core 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (F63d Bios)
32 GB G-Skill DDR4 3200
MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6950 XT 16GB
Dell S2721DGF 2560x1440 165Hz
Dell S2719DGF 2560x1440 144Hz
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe drive
Win 11 Pro
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

Yeah it's fun to play this time around and the difficulty levels bring out a better AI than before. It's coming around just like Galactic Civilization II did as they added expansions and more AI programming and more selections to customize the game to your challenge levels. I think many will like this version when it releases. It's almost certainly going to get in the 80's from the reviewers and most likely the same from the actual owners and players of the game.
balto

Post by balto »

If you like this kind of game, I can assure you that you will LOVE this. No bugs, everything seems to work.

I am not getting to post anymore on this because this is a Matrix forum. Just a FYI thing.

Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

ORIGINAL: balto

If you like this kind of game, I can assure you that you will LOVE this. No bugs, everything seems to work.

I am not getting to post anymore on this because this is a Matrix forum. Just a FYI thing.

Just an FYI Matrixgames doesn't mind you/us talking about other games just as long as we keep it ummmm what's the word? Oh now I remember Civilized! Some have a habit of just bashing anything and everything on any subject (whistles about I wonder who this might be) and the Matrix friends have to jump in and paddle them sometimes. But, as long as you keep it civilized and don't put in actual links to where you can purchase certain other games that Matrixgames sells I don't think they will say anything.

Return to “General Discussion”