National Border

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Vic

LiquidSky

National Border

Post by LiquidSky »

Okay, I got the Area thing all figured out...basically, you have 10 slots with every hex, which you can assign a value. Then you can use ExecJoinArea, CheckSlot, etc...to use them...

So I was thinking that I could use one of the slots for Nation. Which is different from Regime owner....for example Besserabia could be marked as well...Besserabia, and could be 'given' to the Russians with ExecJoinArea.

However, what I would like is to be able to mark the border between the seperate area's. Not sure if I can do this, or maybe I have to make special sprites.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Redmarkus5

RE: National Border

Post by Redmarkus5 »

You'd need to make a set of hex edge images similar to the river graphics but using straight lines...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Thats what I thought, although I did figure out a way to 'shade' or change the hex colour. I may start from scratch and design my own graphics so I can add bocage, river delta, sand, and high mountain. Perhaps even add a 'river' type for impassable hex sides. Maybe reduce the rivers to just Major and minor for hexes that are a 10km size. Or Major, Minor, Volga sized.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Adding hex types is pretty straightforward in DCCB, certainly easier than adding SFTs or modding the OOB.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”