using Maps or Scenatios from other games

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

Ariennye

using Maps or Scenatios from other games

Post by Ariennye »

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a possibility to import Maps (or scenarios) from other games.

Example: I would like to use a map (or scenario) from SWIE in TOF or vice versa.
Or I would like to make a Scenario from Storm over the pacific in TOF.

Is this possible? Or how could it be made possible?

I think SWIE and TOF are very similiar. SOTP is a little bit other but not that much. It would be very cool, if one could use the game engine of SWIE for the other games, don't you think?

Isabelle
_____
Ariennye
Magpius

RE: using Maps or Scenatios from other games

Post by Magpius »

I believe Doom is planning on releasing a smaller Europe scenario for TOF. So an SWIE import will not be necessary.
Other than that, you need the editor, and you need to draw hex by hex.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Yep, we are planning to release this scenario for Time of Fury. However we need to wait till ToF will become 1.03 and SWiE 1.05 at least.
Ariennye

Post by Ariennye »

Hello :)
ORIGINAL: Agent S

I believe Doom is planning on releasing a smaller Europe scenario for TOF. So an SWIE import will not be necessary.
Other than that, you need the editor, and you need to draw hex by hex.
Well... remaking the HUGE map of SOTP would be a pain... I think. Not to mention the lots of amount of units, events and all the connections of the gameplay. But playing some kind of pacific war with the TOF/SWIE-Gameplay would be fantastic.
ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Yep, we are planning to release this scenario for Time of Fury. However we need to wait till ToF will become 1.03 and SWiE 1.05 at least.
Ah. Nice to read. Well, since I own all the three games (SOTP, TOF, SWIE) I fear I have no direct need of a small scenario in TOF, but better a large one within SWIE :D
But I would be very courious to test it :))

Greetings,

Isabelle
_____
Ariennye
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Ariennye
Well... remaking the HUGE map of SOTP would be a pain... I think. Not to mention the lots of amount of units, events and all the connections of the gameplay. But playing some kind of pacific war with the TOF/SWIE-Gameplay would be fantastic.

Which is probably the reason that scenarios and maps are not interchangeable between the games, the two games use a similar system, but are fundamentally different in character. The best we can hope for is that the new gameplay features that have been developed for ToF could be used in SoP, to bring its game system up to date.

What do you think Doomtrader, is that going to be possible ?[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Design and Modding”