High command convinced but..a bug ?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

olivier34

High command convinced but..a bug ?

Post by olivier34 »

Hi,
I have decided to play the avoid astrakan card (I think on turn 34). What a surprise to see that it is still in my high command order report (I have check it on turn 38 if I remember. A bud or the high command is playing me ? [:@] [8D] 150 pps, I could have ask 40 more fighters !
(Keunert, if you read this, you have to know that an entire army is marching toward Astrakan now because I am a guy that follow the orders [:'(])

Attachments
bug.jpg
bug.jpg (134.82 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Vic

RE: High command convinced but..a bug ?

Post by Vic »

Something is not right here indeed.
Just a quick question... Is it possible you played the card after having received the order? Could you recheck your turn from the 1st screenshot and tell me what orders you had active at that time?

I think this is the case. Its a glitch at least, no need to allow the player to make such costly futile moves. Although not completely futile because if you fail to reach Astrakhan you at least wont get the order again.

If i am right than it has been fixed already in v1.03. (games started with v1.03 that is).

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
olivier34

Post by olivier34 »

I played the card a few turns after I had receive the order. Did not know if it would work or not (I had done a test before but not looked at the next turn high command order. When I red I had convince the high command, I thought it was ok).
Should we be allowed to play this kind of card only before receiving the order ? it would make sence. I did not know if Astrakan would be very well defended or not. I even thought about waiting the very last time (4th of october) to play the card. Would have been gamey.
Those cards should become inactive after we receive the order. Am I right ?
Best
Olivier
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: olivier34

I played the card a few turns after I had receive the order. Did not know if it would work or not (I had done a test before but not looked at the next turn high command order. When I red I had convince the high command, I thought it was ok).
Should we be allowed to play this kind of card only before receiving the order ? it would make sence. I did not know if Astrakan would be very well defended or not. I even thought about waiting the very last time (4th of october) to play the card. Would have been gamey.
Those cards should become inactive after we receive the order. Am I right ?
Best
Olivier

I just checked things. What i changed in v1.03 is that you no longer can play the card if you actually captured the town in question.

I am going to see what I can do to make things easier and keep the option is in to abort the German high command wish.

What i probably do is make the card cancel your current order. So make High Command actually retract the Astrakhan order when you pay your whopping 150 pp!

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Tech Support”