An old owner

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

goodwoodrw

An old owner

Post by goodwoodrw »

Matrix I need help! I bought this game around September 2010, I can't find my activation code. I would like to purchase the addons. One of my problems is I have a new IP company and can't log onto the Norbsoft website to for help. Does Norbsoft frequent this site? I need to know how to acces my activation code.
Ron
Formerly Goodwood

Erik Rutins

RE: An old owner

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi BASB,

For old activation codes, you should be able to contact activate@norbsoftware.com

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Thanks Erik, I have emailed for assistance
Ron
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Life is so annoying, I found my activation code after wading through a mountain of old emails, installed the game applied the code and a message comes up Code is currently active you need to deactivate. I use the deactivation button in game and nothing happens. Support will take up to two working days to get back to me plus the weekend four days all up will probably lose interest by then = lost sale.
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Well I have managed to register game waiting on a very slow D/l of the 1.5 patch this may resolved my issues fingers crossed.
Formerly Goodwood

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Once you download and install the patch the old activation DRM is removed so don't worry about that. From now on all you need is your serial to install and you can install as often as you need with no online activation.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
EagleMountainDK

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Hi,

Does it mean that I can download my version from GamersGate. Patch it with the 1.50 patch and then start it with my old activation code with out the old DRM?

Cheers
Mark
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Bah still got Problems, I have uninstalled the game, done afresh install, applied the 1.5 patch, game won't run, i get a Runtime error.
Formerly Goodwood

Garnier

Post by Garnier »

A lot of people have had problems with 1.5 so far and are getting stuck in demo mode, over at norbsoft's tech support forum:
www norbsoftdev net/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post

A lot of people got it to work by deactivating their existing installation and then installing the patch on it. But others have had problems with that and also had problems with fresh installs. When I did a fresh install my game is stuck in demo mode so I can't play now.

It seems after running the patch once it creates registry keys and if you try to run the patch again it doesn't do the same thing, so you only get one shot at making it work unless you know how to delete registry keys.

What we need is an easy way to fully uninstall the game and then reinstall fresh using only matrix DRM.

This game *is* awesome so if you're frustrated or think you will be, I recommend waiting a week or so until these issues are figured out, and then just follow whatever the solution is then. It'll be worth it in the end.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

I belong to the first owners category. The game was uninstalled since a long time.
I reinstall the 1.3 (in the default installation folder) didn't launch the game then apply the patch 1.5 with my serial.
It works like a charm.

Hope it helps.
GBS

Post by GBS »

The patch won't install without your codes for the game and the addons. I'm missing the Anteitam code so I can't install the patch. "What can go wrong, will go wrong"
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
EagleMountainDK

Post by EagleMountainDK »

ORIGINAL: zeduncan

I belong to the first owners category. The game was uninstalled since a long time.
I reinstall the 1.3 didn't launch the game then apply the patch 1.5 with my serial.
It works like a charm.

Hope it helps.

Thanks will try this tonight [:)]
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Finally! Got it working, let patch unpack into patch default directory, don't change path.
Formerly Goodwood

Mikesla

Post by Mikesla »

It's the SOWgb registry entries which were causing the problems. The latest revision patch of 1.5 apparently has fix the problem, but if you are still unclear on what to do please visit NSD's forum for the solution.

NSD's Forum Link
William Tecumseh Sherman: I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes.

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”