Who do I ask?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Natali

Who do I ask?

Post by Natali »

I play against the AI. I like what I hear about the cool support and engineer things in DBBs but they are not in the Lite. Are there any plans to about putting these things into the Lite version? Is there somebody I could talk to about helping? I can get emails and pms and send my private contact.
CaptBeefheart

RE: Who do I ask?

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Why not play DBB? I'm playing Scen 30 right now against the AI. It's not as much of a challenge as Ironman, but I love the stacking limits and reduced engineers.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
treespider

Post by treespider »

The "problem" with DBB and the AI is that the AI is script driven. DBB introduces a large number of new units and moves some units from the stock slots in the database. Therefore the AI may call upon the "wrong" unit because that unit is occupying the slot designated in the AI script. Also the AI will never call any of the new units because those slot numbers are not in the AI call list, so the new units will never be used by the AI.

I do not really play the stock scenarios anymore so I haven't looked at the differences between the Japanese LCU slots in stock versus the Japanese LCU slots in DBB ... but my guess is there are some changes, but not as many as in the Allied OOB. So the Japanese changes will have some impact but likely not enough to make a huge difference. The huge difference comes when trying to play an Allied AI.

All of that being said the scripts are visible and they can be edited with the scenario editor. If someone wants to take the time to try and edit and test the thousand or so scripts to account for all of the new units that were introduced I'm sure the DBB team wouldn't object.
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Natali

Post by Natali »

Hey thanks. Don't want to do DBB? because I play the AI. Go back and forth occasinaly to keep from getting out of control. Need an AI. Got a pm to email jw(dot)..... . Did that but haven't heard back. Is this guy legit?
treespider

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: Natali

Hey thanks. Don't want to do DBB? because I play the AI. Go back and forth occasinaly to keep from getting out of control. Need an AI. Got a pm to email jw(dot)..... . Did that but haven't heard back. Is this guy legit?

Do I answer this...[8|]
Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

LOL!

I do - check section 23.1 of the manual for "this guy" [:D].
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Or just hit "m" in the game....

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

[:D][:D][:D]
Pax
Natali

Post by Natali »

LOL [:D][:D] that did sound dumb. I was worryd about the pm it just said click this link and I was trying to be coy without typing it all out. I should pay better attention to what I'm doing. It's cool because it wasnt spam and I got answered.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

And with AI, you really need Andy Mac..he is the WitP-AE AI wizard. [8D]

But I doubt he has time from all his projects.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

LOL [:D][:D] that did sound dumb. I was worryd about the pm it just said click this link and I was trying to be coy without typing it all out. I should pay better attention to what I'm doing. It's cool because it wasnt spam and I got answered.

The part where you questioned if the "JW" guy was legit was the part that really got me rolling on the floor. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

The part where you questioned if the "JW" guy was legit was the part that really got me rolling on the floor. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
I'm just now recovering from fits of laughter here myself. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Pax
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

It is bit amusing....like asking if Isaac Newton or Albert Einstein were legit... [:D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Natali

Post by Natali »

all right. I'm dimb. No need to pile on.

Got an answer to my questiin, and got a project to do. ha ha, ho ho so maybe I'm not as dumb as all that.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Don't take an offence, it's all in good way. [8D]

Natali

Post by Natali »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Don't take an offence, it's all in good way. [8D]
Oh, I don't take an offence. You people have been here for a long time and have your own ways. And "that guy" says make sure you have a thick skin. Living in the desert makes me thick skinned and indolent like a lizard.[8D] I can handle criticism.[8D]

"That guy" gave me a project. It wasn't what I wanted, but something else. Turns out it was really cool and made me think about all the things that go into the Babes scenarios. it's okay if I post it, so I will.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

If John gave you something, it'll be good.  He'll let you know if you can share or not.  He's helped me many times with great ideas and insight.
Pax
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I was going to ask if that guy 'michaelm' was genuine.[:D]
Michael
treespider

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I was going to ask if that guy 'michaelm' was genuine.[:D]

Genuine ...as in Genuine Naugahyde?[:D]
Here's a link to:

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”